• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

oil filter 12145

B

Bart

Hey zetor drivers
I have got a zetor 12145 it has got 5000 hours
My problem is for the last 500 hours the oilfilter (engine)
always stays clean
When i shut down the engine i can hear the rotor turning

Have you opened the rotor, on my 6245 I had before I always opened and cleaned the rotor every 100 hours and it was always some dirt in it. Look after the two marks on the rotor to get it mounted in same way as before.

Regards Tage W.

I bougt the tractor new in 1989
The oilfilter always workt good untill 4500 hours
I already have put a new rotor into it but he still
does not work ( it turns but never any dirt into it)

If it is turning it must be working as oil coming out of the two jets makes it turn.You have to split the filter at every service to clean it out.Mine is always bunged up with black sludgey stuff because it doesn't get a good thrashing very often.Maybe your engine is now nicely run in and at it's peak condition:D

Hi Bart.

Well asked my fitter today about when he changes the oils in my 9145/10245 and he has said that very often the filters have no black goo in them. However you can hear the rotors turning anyway so i dont think you have a problem.

I also use the best oil i can get my hands on which also helps and its changed every 250 hours.

The Centrifugal oil system sends all the muck in the oil to the outside of the cylinder as it rotates at high speed. Im sure your fitter is more experienced than me but i would check again.
Are you looking at the shiny alloy when you open up the rotating cylinder? If it looks black, very much like a rubber layer, thats muck? The first time i saw it i thought it was a rubber coating, you need a knife and some diesel to clean it up good.:sneaky:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back