• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Power steering problem

shea

Level 2
First name
Shea
Hi guys so i am having problems with the steering on my 8011,so i changed the steering pump and fitted a new one and the steering is still heavy,so then i chaned the steering unit which is under the radiator(mine was leaking)and still the steering is heavy.What else does anyone know might be wrong,i seen people had trouble with the power steering relief valve,what does this do?Alos is it the valve located on top of the power steering oil tank.Any help would be great guys.And thank you

What oil do you use ? We havent had a Crystal in 15 years, but on the UR1 you need ATF (or ISO VG 21 hydraulic oil, if it is available in your area at all) because 10w/30 multifarm is too sticky for the servo to operate. VG 21 is advised in cold weather, 32 in hot, but ATF is not as temperature sensitive and gives the same viscosity at allmost any temperature so the most predictable steering behaviour

Perhaps one of the other members can chime in and tell what weight of oil is required in the Crystal powersteering system.

Guys i use power steering fluid(red stuff)and still the steering is heavy.I have just tryed a neighbours steering zetor 8111 and it is light as a feather,would it be the pressure relief valve on top of the tank just after the steering pump which may have failed?Thanks

It might. But often the servo system itself is bad, so a local contractor fitted an orbitrol to the steering column and plumbed this into the original steering housing. a new steering housing was 1200 euro and an orbitrol 400 or so...

hi shea , did you fit a new steering box or a second hand one . can you be sure the steering box you fitted is good

You can't compare an 8011 with an 8111 because the 8011 has assisted steering and the 8111 is hydrostatic. The hydrostatic is always better. Having said that a properly set up 8011 is usually OK,but our experience is that it varies from tractor to tractor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back