• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

pto not stopping

carrick

Level 2
First name
Zed
PTO on my UR II won't stop. heavy to turn by hand when the engine is stopped if that makes any difference.

i had a 8045 this happen i ended up putting in a torque pump .i had 12111 this happen ended up reconditioning the pto pack.

The splitter is working fine, does this point toward the pto pack?

a man near me had an ursus type crystal,drove it around for 6months with pto going all the time he used to turn off engine then on pto shaft start tractor &off he go mowing.do u want some tips before open the pack or r u ok ?theres 1 simple other thing to try first.

Hi,

It sounds like a problem in the PTO pack. This assembly will pull out complete out of the rear of the diff housing. It's probably broken the belleville washer or circlip.

Mike

As you probably gathered I need all the tips I can get, and simple tests sound much better than complex fixes and unnesacary refurbs.

Tell me the test and then we'll see if unit needs to be removed.
Tried to stop shart with a fence stake but to no availl...:mad:

To test PTO pressures ; at the back of the tractor on the rh side there are 2 pipes going into the rear end casing level with the PTO. put a guage on either one and the pressure should be 175 PSI at 1500 rpm. If the one you've put the gauge on doesn't show anything, move the PTO engaging lever under the steering wheel, either one or the other should have pressure. Having said that, if the PTO works and delivers full power then its unlikely to be pump problem, cuff seal or shaft rings, I would check the 3 very long O rings around the PTO Power pack and the small pistons that act as a brake. If these are OK then you will have to dismantle the pack. Not a difficult job. Borrow the largest internal circlip pliers you can or be prepared to ruin the odd screwdriver !

this may sound silly but i saw it happen before so its worth alook,check that the pto lever is fully off,while the lever on dash has big movement on top of tranny movement is very small.the tractor i worked on before the linkage between cab&backend was not going all way off,eventhough it felt like there was nothing left,itook the floor panel off,lift off the linkage&turned with a vicegrips the control,the pto stopped straightaway.the advice dave p is given,sounds better than mine,the repair job on a pto pack may be over your head,any time i did ones i took out the pack&brought the whole pto pack to a zetor garage &let them recon it only took 1 day.before u remove the pack get the backend up as high as u can saves having to remove all the oil.

My 3320 has the same problem. I'm not sure if the 3320 has a "PTO Pack" because I'm do not know what a "PTO Pack" is.

I've changed the broken circlip at the PTO exit but the problem persists. I even took off the rocker box and the transmission top plate but still can't determine the problem.

I guess my next move is to take off the shifter cover and push the PTO/hydraulic shifter manually as far forward as it will go and see if this gives me a correct diagnosis.

Def going to try the vice grips first, I often find I over complicate a repair, and hopefuly this is one of those times. The local scrap yard has 3 complete Crystals / ursus sitting and told me I can take what I want ,as the export market has went dead, so I may take a PTO pack, hydraulic pump and complete hydraulic top (which may help with my poor position control problem), but none of them have assistor rams and my left lift arm is lose on the splines, Just hope all the wear is on the shaft and not the arm.
Anything else spring to mind I should recover for the parts store?

Unfortunatly it is not the lever.
I slacked the pipes at the back and there is oil flow on each of them individualy as you move the lever, not a large flow though.
I will swap PTO pack when I get manual and time to go to scrap yard.
Where is torque pump, I may take one of those also if it's easy to get at.

the torque is not easy to get to it behind the bell housing.,a 2 day job to get out

if you can get a good pto pack @ a nice price it will be a right job the pack not hard to get out,

Just another point. Noticed the oil seemed thick coming out those pipes on the side, and thought the drive seems to drag the tractor to a stop quicker than I expected even when I test drove it, but it's a good 15 years since I last owned a 12045. Just struck me after reading post on lubes some of the cold country boys are using, could someone have used heavy gear oil in the backend and be causing some of these probs.

the old man that used to work on my father tractors ,always said to use heavy oil in the backend to stop leaks in seals or if it had poor pumps orpoor hyd lift what he ment keep heavy oil in may stop turning as watery as the right stuff

Steering pump uses oil from its own reservoir (On RH side of engine) totally separate from the gearbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back