• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question purchase advice for a 70hp Zetor

thecrow

Level 2
First name
TheCrow
Hi Renze if have noticed you around the web on various outher farming related site and i noticed you advertised i am interested in Zetor but i dont have much knolage.

I need a tractor with at least 70hp i would like 4wd (but it is not essetial) it must be in working order, if it needs work and is for a good price then i will still be interested. It will be used for light farm work mowing ect at our low buget small holding.

So do you think you know what i need, you see i have no idea about zetor models if you clould estimate a price that would be good. Also do zetor have uk dealers? If so what kind of prices are parts how well do they generaly run?

All info you can provide will be very helpfull thaks Renze hope you can help

TheCrow:cool::cool:

I have a 6718 for sale. it's repainted, partly overhauled and the engine is in immaculate condition. (it has driven the irrigation pump for 100 hrs without needing to fill up the oil !!)

It's my brothers, if you are interested, say it and i will ask my brother.

thanks Reze problem is i live in the uk but thanks anyway what kind of price are spares for a zetor I think we have dealers in our area but i am not to shure. So you think they are reliable? How long have been you runing zetors if they are as good as you say then i am definatly going to look into buying one!!

thanks!

20 years ago, we had a Deere, 41 hp that had serious mainetnance problems when it had to pull the 5.5 m3 manure tanker.

Later, the 45 hp Zetor 4712 pulled a 6 m3 manure tanker with the 3 meter cultivator in tandem (direct manure injection)
This baby only had some clutch trouble because after 26 years, some clutch fingers broke.
The 6718 is the same type of tractor, just keeps going and all we did is replacing a ring in the tranny that held the tooth ring of the tooth clutch engaging the fifth gear. (the fuel tank rubber were broken and caused the fuel tank to hang against the gear lever, what caused this problem)
Our current 5245 is not as good, it is abused (driven without any cooling water when the water pump broke) so the engine consumes too much oil. I have replaced the weak spots of it, the clutch and brake master cylinders, the water pump and the gear lever got a factory modification (under warranty) when we bought it.

If you want a cheaper one, you should be looking at a 7 series. The newer 0 and 2 series are all too expensive second hand, they are very popular export tractors to the east, and Baltic states. The 7 series was trouble free, the later 2 series had some problems but the replacement for the weak components are improved and trouble free.

;)Hi and thanks renze so did you speak to your brother after talking to my dad on chatzy, you said we would speak on e-mail have you an address for me to mail you at. Also have any pictures of the tractor i would like to see them. thanks.

Tom(thecrow),(the-big-fat-farmer) that is my chatzy name!

Hi, I have no digital camera yet but will buy one soon...
email addy is webmaster@zetorworld.com
no i havent spoken to my brother yet.

You will hear from me.

ok thanks no problems ime in no rush i may speak to you on the woodbeef chat place

i will get my e.mail sorted out soon when i am in the uk then give it to you i will send you some emails from the uk

thanks
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back