• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Smokin 7321

mtomlin

Level 2
First name
Matt
I found a 7321 super turbo with 2100 hours for sale and the seller says tractor has alot of engine smoke and blow by. Could something be causing this besides a worn engine? If it is the engine would rings and sleeves fix the problem?

The engine most likely has been overheated & picked the pistons up to rectify it would need new pistons & liners

Is overheating a problem with this model tractor. Are they good models, does the turbo add good efficient power? Any help would be great. thanks in advance

7745 has teh same engine, and was sold as 89 hp in some countries. A guy around here used a 7711 for tractorpulling, with a reliable 120 hp from that standard engine.

Will the smoking problem be hard to fix? (Pistons and sleeves) Can it be done with the engine in the frame or the tractor have to be spit?

I'm not sure. There is no 4wd propshaft in the way under the oil pan, so i think you can take them out from above. maybe you'll have to dissolve the carbon build up on the top end of the liner, with DOT4 brake fluid. That will eat allmost anything and free stuck piston rings.

Dotn forget to change oil once you've contaminated your engine with it. a glass full of brake fluid neutralises the lubrication of a sump full of engine oil.

when i rebuilt the heads on my 5245 i had it running with brake oil soaked piston rings, to break down any possible carbon obstruction of the piston rings. I changed the oil after an hour of idling and driving around with no load, when the ground valves were seated.

Pistons & liners can be changed by removing heads & sump

Renze
Are you saying that a cup of brake fluid in the oil for a hour may fix the problem, if the smoking problem is caused by stuck rings?

dont pour it in the oil but pour it where needed: on top of the pistons so it seeps through into the piston ring grooves.

it is very undesirable to get it into the engine oil.

There is some stuff for sale on EBAY.. called "engine restore oil" dont know if it works, you just pour it into the sump, drive around as normal and its (supposed) to restore power, fuel efficiency and reduce smoke and emissions:) Might be worth a try!

Re possible overheating I own a 7341 and had a lot of trouble with overheating, as the standard radiator and fan were not efficent an upgraded kit has retified the problem

Thanks for the help , but the tractor sold at 4:30 the day before I drove four hours to pick it up. I m looking for a 80hp cabbed tractor around Texas if anybody can help, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back