• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Starting 7745

mtomlin

Level 2
First name
Matt
I have to pump the primer pump about 10 or 15 times to start the tractor if it sits for over a day. Is this normal or is there something I can do to remedy this?

I have to prime my 7245 pretty much every time I start it, even if it has only been sitting for a day or so, but not that much. Usually 1 or 2 times, no more than 4 if it has been sitting for a week - any more than that and I just get a lot of smoke.

Is the primer working properly - can you see the fuel moving in the sight glass as you prime it?

[hello from Iceland!You have to chek every fuel pipe and hose,its sucking air somewere!

Could the primer pump allow air into the system? Has anyone ever put a check valve before the fuel pump? Would it prevent fuel from flowing back to the tank and requiring the priming?

When we bought our 1986 5245 in 2000, it had a dealer installed vale in the fuel line, it was just a standard universal part.

Changeing all the fuel lines to quality brands will help , as well as changeing all the copper washers, filter and sediment bowl rubbers.

The feed pump is also a known cause of agrevation.

:cool:About your starting problem: all of the above suggestions
are good, especially the one concerning the need to be patient
with the beast. There IS no way to get around the fact that the
UR1 Zetor doesn't have gravity fuel feed. Hence; be prepared to prime DUDE, unless you would be prepared to do what the dist.
in Canada did way back when. Buy an electric fuel pump; (they
used Walbro) some heavy neoprene fuel hose, and dig up about
1.25 m of med. gauge elec. wire. Behind the fuel lift pump on
the engine block there are two unused sunken threads. You'll
probably have to rig up some kind of Meccano mount to fit twixt
there and the elec. pump. Cut the old hose on the intake side of
the lift pump to reach the output of elec. one. Toss out the old
hose, connect the intoke of elec. to tank Mind how you route
the hose under the floor, keeping chafing in mind. Connect the
power feed to unused FUSED side of f.box.
Sound complicated? Not really, but work on the pig has to be
done anyway regardless. This way means you never have to
say you're sorry. (Hold on my friend while I prime the pump!!)
Pioneer style even!!

Yours Cromis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back