• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Steering self drives to the right

E

Earl

Hi All

Hit a tree with a 5245. The steering link is straightened, but the steering pulls right. If you lift the front end off the ground the steering will drive full right. Any idea as to the problem. :(

Earl

Do you mean that the wheels go to the right automatically when the wheels are lifted off the ground ?
If that's so, i think it's a power steering problem, the actuator might be broken, or in need of adjustment.

Hey Earl, my brother (Gerlant) meant that the steering rod from the gear housing to the arm on the wheel, could be bent. If it's bent it has a different length. Apparently the power steering system seeks for a null position, which is different from going s straight lane, when the length of the lengthwise mounted steering arm is different.

Had the same problem with my 6211.You have to lift up the front wheels and then ajust the power steering piston. good luck

Bart, you are saying my theory about the self centering power steerign was right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back