• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

thinking of buying 16045 unsure of condition

Australia brenten5

Level 2
First name
smash n machine
Gday again fellow zetor lovers, I am still on the hunt for a 4wd Zetor to suit my needs (in Australia) so my recent find is a 16045 with a air cab by the looks that has been sitting in a machinery yard for many years unmoved nor started by the looks.

So I had a quick look over it today, didn't go mad looking in and out of it, so as I said I believe it's been there a good 5+ years if not more out in the yard with a tin over the exhaust cab closed up and what not but I am 90% certain that flood water went over it 2 years ago, how high I'm not certain, looks like flood debrie around the bottom of the block, the starter motor is probably a throw away job along with the alternator and the exhaust is badly rusted around the base.

So my main concern is the engine, what is the worst case scenario? And would it be repairable?

Also if there is water sitting in the gearbox how will that effect the gears and the hydraulic pump?

What other concerns should I have? Also what's the the chance of the air con unit working?

Just had a thought, if the engine needed work or was unrepairable would it be possible to bolt in my engine from my 8011?

Carefully observing some special pui know if it is a machine that has worked many hours, convenience will be evaluated from the initial cost addition to the hours that are required to restore the parts that have a very low cost you can check personally in many sites in the Czech republic (nekvinda, apt, etc..) Last year I used a 16245 not in good condition, I can assure you that they are still valid for some half working with a good fuel / power.
The limits are set by the limited number of gears and restaurants et accessories that anyway then improve reading my post update Crystal series.

if you can get it started in the yard, than it would tell you a lot more about the condition of the machine than just looking it over. if you can, check that it has oil and coolant and try to get it started. check for excessive smoke (under accell it is normal but not at constant speed) run through the gears. listen for abnormal noises (knocking grinding) run the pto, 3ph. parts are cheap but getting a good base is still important.

in general zetors are easy to work on and provided its in working order than i think it would make a good project. the 16245 supers (made primarily in Martin slovakia) are the best of these tractors IMO.

The problem is the salesman refuses to put batteries in any tractor, u buy it as u see it, I didn't check the engine oil though or coolant although it had sings of oil leak underneath which usually isn't to good but in this case indicates there is still oil in it somewhere

Pay wrecking money only. Remember well maintained examples like the one on Gumtree in Victoria can be bought for around $13000 and good working examples bring around $5000 or less at clearing sales. I bought my 12045 for $5500 with bad tyres and no brakes but it is a good original tractor. Back tyres are around $2200 each. The 16045 doesn't seem to bring more money, maybe because they're not as common.

I have decided to leave it there maybe see if it's there in a few more years, it would be a large project at a large price.

Probably wise. A better one will come up. Like the 16045 at the Murray Mallee clearing sale that only brought $1500 a couple of years ago. There is an immaculate 16045 a few k's away. There was an absolutely trashed looking 10045 with a front end loader went for $5000 at a clearing sale. I should have bought it because it ran perfectly but there wasn't a straight panel or unbroken switch. No cabin either.

Yer they are about, just not to often and when they do I usually have no money or they are way south in mostly VIC which is an instant +$2000 for transport to qld

G'day buddy, I'm in southern nsw and just picked up a 12145 off eBay, I notice there is another one up on the gold coast for sale on there now with 2700 hours on it, might be worth a look
Cheers and good luck

Started thinking about this one for sale again as my 8011 has become quite sad and just not suited to the hills of my farm (have gone over a few banks already) so was wondering how much if any parts from my 8011 would fit the 16045 to make one good one out of 2?

Its all identical except for the layshaft drivegears and probably crown and pinion because of larger rear tires.

Ok so just to be clear your saying all the more replaceable bits like starter, alternator, ta, pto etc should all be interchangeable?

AFAIK yes indeed.

oh, the six pot has a 24V starter. Because Australia is a warm climate, the 4 cylinders were most likely sold with a 12V starter. We replaced ours with a 24V starter from a truck wreckyard, 12/24v battery relay later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back