• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Tractor broken in half

mark_78

Level 2
First name
Glenn ashford
Hi guys my zetor 12045 rolled away last week and crashed into a tree ,breaking it in two through the front half of the gear box . The question is will the gear box from a 120 11 two wheel drive fit in from a wrecking yard and how much should I expect to pay .secondly if I bought a complete 120 11 will my front axle fit and will the drive outlet bolt onto that machine to convert it to 4wd

Hmm an awkward situation...

AFAIK on a 2wd gearbox the drivewheel is not there. If you take off the blindcap you will not find a shaft nor the gearwheel that drives it.

The Ursus C-385A we traded with a broken gearbox (it jumped out of reverse at 14.800hrs) and an engine that seized suddenly, we spotted later in the area, a farmer bought it and used its parts to make an 8045 out of a 8011 with rotten tinwork. They told us they had to use their front part gearbox (because ours was shot) together with the rear axle of our 385A because their 8011 didnt have any gear behind the cover and would need complete disassembly to transplant the drivegear.

Another addition:

I believe you best swap the front and rear axles to that 12011. AFAIK the rear axle contains the differential as well as the pinion and bearings, (unlike the UR1 where the pinion and diff input shaft are beared by the transmission compartment) so you wouldnt have to re adjust the crown and pinion free play.

When you roll away the rear axle on its own wheels, you can balance it by hand, its quite balanced.

[quotepost=1]
Hi guys my zetor 12045 rolled away last week and crashed into a tree ,breaking it in two through the front half of the gear box .

I did the operation of converting a 2wd zetor to a 4wd twice, so I can talk you through this step by step.

But the biggest job is putting the gears into the back end. You would have a great job if you can get a 40k box in 12045.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back