• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

What position, position lever for hedgecutter?

grumpy6711

Level 2
First name
grumpy

Machinery:
When using a hedgecutter (bomford farmtrim, old and heavy) should the lever under the seat be in? P, M or S(D).

Since I've had the 6711 the 3 position lever under the seat has been seized in M - mixed, but while it was apart last week I managed to get it moving.

Ive got my head around the depth control - it lifts when top link is pushed forward, but the other 2 i'm not sure of ???

BTW in order to use the cutter the inner? circuit (one nearest wheel) lever needs to locked forward, but this is apparantly the antislip position when using P. whatever the hell that is :)

thanks
can someone explain in simple english please;)

Position, mixed, draft. I plough in mixed, and make a seedbed in draft, so that the cultivator is partly carried by the tractor, and partly resting on the roller.

All other work should be done in P: Position. You dont want sudden movements when the hedgecutter pushes the toplink for some reason.

BTW in order to use the cutter the inner? circuit (one nearest wheel) lever needs to locked forward, but this is apparantly the antislip position when using P. whatever the hell that is :)

The antislip position raises the arms until a pulling on the top link is felt. This helps to place some weight on the rear wheels and in turn traction. I assume you meant the inner circuit needs to be locked forward in order to use the outer circuit? This isn't correct, you can use the outer circuit with the inner circuit in any position.

Cheers,
Aaron.

Thanks guys

The antislip position raises the arms until a pulling on the top link is felt. This helps to place some weight on the rear wheels and in turn traction. I assume you meant the inner circuit needs to be locked forward in order to use the outer circuit? This isn't correct, you can use the outer circuit with the inner circuit in any position.

Cheers,
Aaron.

Yes, you are right again Aaron :) I meant the lever closest to the seat[/] needs to be locked forward (to give me feed and return to spool valves?).

You guys are talking cross purpose:

The INNER lever on a 6718 as Grumpy means, is the D-M-P lever. then the outer circuit lever, then the 3pt lever, the inner lever of 3. Skin7245 is talking about the inner lever of 2. Am i right ?

Anyways, you can use the external spools in any of the D-M-P settings.

You guys are talking cross purpose:

The INNER lever on a 6718 as Grumpy means, is the D-M-P lever. then the outer circuit lever, then the 3pt lever, the inner lever of 3. Skin7245 is talking about the inner lever of 2. Am i right ?

Anyways, you can use the external spools in any of the D-M-P settings.

:mad:

Sorry. yes. going from the right rear wheel inwards, lever 1 raises/ lowers the 3pl , lever 2 is used to operate ram on buckrake etc . It is this lever that needs to be locked forward to allow flow and return to controls on H-Cutter.
(lever 3 is d-m-p. (labelled :) ))
Is this how it should be? i.e. locked forward for in/out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back