• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 12145 40k?

connor_beattie

Level 2
First name
Connor Beattie
I own a zetor 12145, I was thinking of putting a 40k gearbox from a 8111 into it. would this be advised?

Thanks

I think its the same gearbox, only the 160hp gearbox is different... ??
Make sure you get the 4wd drive ratio correct, on the UR1 you had 25kmh and 30kmh differentials.

Is it possible to convert to 40k by changing a cog or must the gearbox be changed?

Is it possible to convert to 40k by changing a cog or must the gearbox be changed?

The 40kmh transmission was an overdrive transmission, the layshaft gears are different, the original 1st gear was deleted, and a new overdrive gearset was installed and used as a new 4th gear. (the 1st gear in a 40kmh box is the 2nd gear in a 30kmh box)

At least, thats as far as the six cylinders are concerned. I dont know if the 4 cylinder gearboxes are also overdrive, because speeding up the gear speed will allow more torque to go through (16145) yet increase the friction losses.

I know the 16145 40kmh had a funny gear pattern, but i havent seen a 4 cylinder 40kmh, by that time they werent sold anymore in favour of the UR3.

I did this job couple of times, if you have a 90`s 8111 and a 90`s 12145.
The job is very straight forward it`s a simple gearbox exchange and you`ll have 40k only need to change the gearstick to suit the different gear pattern.

The job is very straight forward it`s a simple gearbox exchange and you`ll have 40k only need to change the gearstick to suit the different gear pattern.
So the 4 cylinder 40kmh transmission was also an overdrive with the different shift pattern ??

On the UR3 they made 40kmh by different crown and pinion ratios... Which means less friction in the gearbox and better power efficiency for these lower powered tractors...

I put a 40km gearbox into 12145, the box was out of a 2wd tractor, it was a straight swap, only needing the gearstick.
The 25km box is a standard H 1 2 3 4 pattern while the 40km box is 1 2 4 3 H box.

Ok, then the 4 cylinder models had the same overdrive transmission as the six pots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back