• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor 3340 PTO only works in gear?

505Fire

Level 2
First name
Chris

Machinery:
Zetor 3340
Hey guys I have a 3340 and when I try to use the PTO it only works in gear. It will not operate without being in gear. Any suggestions?

Youve got it in ground speed PTO. Put the small lever all the way down and then one notch up.

And please download the manual , you can also use the manual from 5211-7745 - its prety much the same traktor.

Your Zetor have two PTO modes as Renze wrote just bevore.

Youve got it in ground speed PTO. Put the small lever all the way down and then one notch up.
No I’m aware of the different positions for the PTO but it will only work in the ground speed position. It won’t work in any other.

OK, have you also preselected a PTO speed (lever in the middle directly in front of the driver's seat) - i.e. the preselector lever at 540 rpm or 1000 rpm and not at the neutral position in the middle?

If so, and you have correctly switched the other selector lever to engine-linked and the PTO manual clutch is engaged, the PTO should rotate.
If not, then it may be a problem with the PTO switch or a problem with your PTO clutch.

Photos of how the levers currently stand would be helpful...

Hi 505Fire,
I also the Zetor 3340 (1999) which has the Shuttle-Shift transmission (10 speed forward and 10 reverse)
This Shuttle-Shift lever in the middle directly in front of the driver's seat on my Zetor 3340.
So I believe I only have the 540 rpm PTO with my Zetor 3340.
The yellow levers control the PTO features, (see my pictures) are they like yours ?
Can you post a picture of the levers in your Zetor 3340 tractor ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240207_151713748.jpg
    IMG_20240207_151713748.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240207_151822338.jpg
    IMG_20240207_151822338.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240207_151603110.jpg
    IMG_20240207_151603110.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
So I believe I only have the 540 rpm PTO with my Zetor 3340.
Yes, with shutle revers gear box you only have 540 upm PTO speed motor bounded.
But that was only a option, so most havnt this feature. :)

Currently my PTO is functioning I’m not sure what changed to make it work. But the PTO clutch does not seem to be working as the PTO wont stop even when drag is placed on it when the PTO clutch is pulled.

My levers.

Attachments

• IMG_8791.jpeg
    IMG_8791.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 2
How do you select the PTO speed and how do you switch on the PTO if the PTO clutch cannot be disengaged?

Please check the play between the release bearing (large) and the release levers of the PTO on the automatic transmission - this should be 2-4 mm.

Please check whether all 3 release levers of the PTO are present and set the same.

If not, please repair/adjust both.

If everything is OK, but the PTO still does not disengage, it may be that the clutch lining of the PTO clutch is sticking to the pressure plate of the automatic transmission due to very infrequent use and high humidity. Then you can only try to solve the problem by using gentle force (operate heavy PTO equipment with the PTO clutch disengaged and hope that it comes loose) or by disengaging the tractor and repairing the automatic transmission.
It is also rare that the driver of the PTO clutch disc is rusted onto the hollow shaft of the PTO clutch. This also only occurs when the humidity is high and the PTO clutch has not been used for a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back