• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 3511 Electrical Problems

irish_3511

Level 2
First name
Irish 3511
Hello all,
I purchased a zetor 3511 at the end of April, and since have encountered no real problems until now. The tractor has absolutely no electrics, bar the ignition, as they have all been stripped out by the previous owner. However, the ignition wiring quality is terrible. So first of all, if anybody has a wiring diagram for a zetor 3511, it would be greatly appreciated.

Now to the problem. We assumed that the battery in the tractor was flat, and so charged it, but the problem still remained, it wasn't strong enough to start the engine, so we bought a new one. When we hooked up the battery, and tried to start it, smoke started to come from the starter assembly and when we pulled the key out of the ignition, the engine continued to try and start until we disconnected the battery.

Basically, I need to find out what the purpose of the starter assembly, why smoke started to come from it and what this means. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryan

if the starter motor was turning with the key out or even with the start button not being pressed the solenoid is stuck in the on position.... if there was smoke comin out its likely the motor windins have melted.... think your lookin at a starter rebuild or a new one.

You can get starter assemblies at Barlows of Henbury, and a place in Finland manufatures wiring harnesses. Oy Moto-check AB, moto.check@multi.fi

Originally with mine, in much the same state as yours, I isolated the ignition switch from the rest of the harness, then used to cross the solenoid to start it. The battery would not charge of course, but went months before needing a charge up. Later on, the solenoid on the starter went, so by passed it by putting small solenoid from a Countax mower (15 from any jgarden machinery supplier) in the battery compartment and put a seperate wire and switch to this from the battery. Much cheaper option!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back