• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

zetor 4340 sticking in reverse

bthebuck

Level 2
First name
randy newman
hello, i have a 4340 that is sticking in reverse.it has shuttle shift. it shifts fine from neutral to forward, but you have to tap hard on the shifter to get it in reverse and once its in reverse, you have to tap very hard on the shifter to get it back. it drives fine onces its in. i took the cover off inside the floor of the cab, removed the selector lock, thats not it. i took the shifter for the 1-5 gears off to look inside . im not familiar with transmissions to know what its called, but i can see a piece that slides back and forth when you move the shuttle and its hanging in reverse, any help would be greatly appreciated, randy

i think you mean the slide rod on the shift yoke. i dont know the exact name for it either, but we do know that we're talking about the same thing.

It can be a sticky synchromesh ring. i've never opened a shuttle tranny before so i hope someone who does, drops a message here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back