• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 4911 starting problem

quinny

Level 2
First name
Quinny
I am finding it near impossible to start the 4911, i use the easy start and it clicks in ok, but does not seem to help the engine start. I keep cranking it on the button and when she does eventually fire up, there is a hell of alot of white smoke from the exhaust. Any ideas as to the problem, thks

There is too much fuel entering the engine. New fuel injectors may be good but also remove each injector and clean them. Also as the smoke is white oil is being burnt, this could be a fault for adding too much oil. New piston valves are recommended if oil is black and smells.

Rob

Hi

White smoke is unburnt diesel. This is caused by 2 things.
Either the injection timing is incorrect or the old girl is getting very tired and is short of compression .
You could try slackening the injection pump bolts and twist it a little on the slots to see what difference it makes.

Mike

would i remove the 3 studs of the compressor housing and move the cogs a couple of notches either way or check the guage marks on the flywheel ?, If she is short of compression how could i rectify that ? , Thanks

Hi

The pump is on slotted holes so just loosen the 3 nuts a little and twist it one way, if no better, try the other way. Make a note where it is before you move it so you can put it back on the mark if no different.
Short of compression means worn engine so you'd be looking at piston rings, pistons and liners or valves.

Mike

Apart from injection timing or low compression as already suggested, water and/or petrol in the diesel tank could have this effect.

Fuel starvation is also a possible cause - check the flow and are your filters clean?

Does the white smoke go away once she starts and warms up?

sounds just like our 3545 was excess fuel and wound forever!! she had to have the pistons ect removed thankfully it didnt need liners. we honed the liners, gave it new rings and it had to have a new piston on cyl 3. the rings had "welded" themselves into the grooveon that piston. i still have the old piston on the shelf to show people;)

matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back