• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 5245 Clutch Issues

gunrunnr

Level 2
First name
Glenn Cornett
My Zetor 5245 only 1398.02 hours on it but I am having trouble trying to shift gears and/or trying to change gears while it is running. I shut her down and it is still hard shifting thru the gears, harder than it should be, anyone got an idea on what is going with her and how I can correct the problem?

Have you checked the slave and master cylinders to see if they move when you depress the pedal? You might have air in the system due to low fluid at some point or worn parts in either unit.

I am a surveyor by trade but love to garden, got this old 5245 with low hours, now I am trying to fix her in order to use her in the spring. I'll have to figure out the slave and master cylinder after I figure out what they look like. If you have any other helpful hints or how to accomplish this, you can also hit me up at glenn.c.cornett@gmail.com, I appreciate any help you can throw at me. Retired SFC, 29.5 years Army.

Check that the pipes have not perished and that the brake fluid in the vessel is full all the time, the master cylinder is at the top of the pedal and the slave is access from a panel on the floor under the clutch pedal. You need to yoke a pipe onto the nipple and run the pipe into a clear bottle with some fluid in it then pump the pedal all the way in and out about 5 times then hold the pedal in and open the nipple and let out the fluid, do this about 3 times then try the pedal and see if it has improved.

If it's not made any difference you looking at having internal problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back