• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 6911 broken handbrake cable

jbpc

Level 2
First name
João Cruz
Hi first of all
this is my first post in this forum :D
My name is Joo im from Portugal and i have a Zetor 6911 from 1975.
A few time ago it broke the handbrake cable broke and today i was loking under it to try to replace it but it has kind of a tensioner that i cant understand how to remove it, like the tensioner is in the way of the bolts to remove it and vice vera. if i have opportunity ill post pics of the parts im talking about. if anyone could give a hint or something it would be good. sorry for poor english ;)

A few time ago it broke the handbrake cable broke and today i was loking under it to try to replace it but it has kind of a tensioner that i cant understand how to remove it, like the tensioner is in the way of the bolts to remove it and vice vera.

The cable is yoked at the bottom to a double arm lever and comes up to the hand brake lever that is connected by a thread bar with a lock nut for adjustment.

i have a Zetor 6911 from 1975.

I would have thought that a 6911 was newer than 1975, I would think more like 1980. As we had a 6718 which was the previous series and it was new in 1977.

Thanks for the help . :)
the problem is that i cant get it out of the thread bar for adjustment.. not even get the thread bar piece out.
It has a little plate under the dash with the kw, weight, year and it says its from 1975..

the problem is that i cant get it out of the thread bar for adjustment.. not even get the thread bar piece out.

The little thread bar is held in with a nut under the hand brake handle or press out the hinge at the back of it and lift off the whole thing if it makes it easier.

It has a little plate under the dash with the kw, weight, year and it says its from 1975..

According to tractor data .com 6911 series ran from 1977- 1980 http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/tractor-brands/zetor /zetor-tractors.html

hi all! I havent be able/capable to fix the handbreak yet..
ive check the little plate and the tractor is from 1980, i dont know where i came with the 1975 date xD

hi
ive check the little plate and the tractor is from 1980, i dont know where i came with the 1975 date xD

I was right so on it's age.

hi all! I havent be able/capable to fix the handbreak yet..

You should be able to push out the pin at the back of the brake handle itself, then you would be able to turn it off from the notches and if the inner cable just pull it up.

Hi. I Still couldnt figure it out. 😂
I've been using it without the Handbreak, but it is not very User friendly when i try to couple something to the 3 point hitch. I've tried to post here some pics to explain the problems but i havent been able to

I think if that was me at this stage in time, I would have just got out the angle grinder and cut the rivet in the handle and got at it like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back