• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor 6945 Handbrake question

Finland arctic003

Level 1
First name
Arctic003
Hello again!

I've decided that it would be nice to try to get the handbrake working on my 6945.

When I pull up on the lever, the two brake pedals go down, so I know the linkage is working. The trouble is that the lever doesn't lock up, and I can't feel any ratchet.

Is this a common situation? Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should start looking for the problem?

Thanks, and best regards from the Frozen (well, it won't be long!) North

The linkage is NOT working.

The hand brake (steel strap around the outer side of the drum) is working independently from the hydraulic drums, with the brake pads on the inner radius of the brake drum.

I think you should have a look in there, or someone has changed your brake system.

Hi,

I had a similar problem on a used Zetor Zebra 3520 that I bought.

In my case the cause was that corrosion had "frozen" the foot brake pedal bearings to the shaft that they are supposed to rotate freely on. The handbrake lever is mounted on the same shaft so the result is that the foot pedals and handbrake lever appear to be "connected together".

I removed the grease fittings from the foot pedal bearings and squirted a solvent into the holes. Then I worked the pedals free by stepping hard on them while pushing down on the handbrake lever. Eventually they freed up.

I hope this helps.

Bill.

Thanks Guys!

I shall go and check these things out and report back :)

Yes Bill, you were spot on :D I have exactly the same problem.

Thank you very much, you have saved me a great deal of time that I would have spent trying to figure this out for myself!

On my tractor the right brake pedal is on a shaft of its own, the left pedal however runs on a shaft that runs right through the transmission casing. It is this left pedal that is stuck to the shaft causing the brake pedal to go down when the handbrake is applied.

I've got it to free up a little already and can now engage the first notch of handbrake. Yeah! :)

Interesting to note, there is provision for inserting a pin to lock the handbrake actuator bellcrank and left brake pedal together - I wonder what that's for?

Many thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back