• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

ZETOR 7011 Brake Slave Cylinders How To?

buckau

Level 2
First name
BuckAu
Hi,
all can anyone please help with the procedure to replace the brake slave cylinders on a 7011 cab tractor.

I assume It may require cab removal etc ???:sneaky:

Regards BuckAu

No cab removal. Just buy yourself a cheap chinese made car engine hoist and use it to carry the portals from under the mudguards.

Undo center bolt in the cab rubber, put a piece of wood between the rear end and the cab, then tap the portal down untill it hangs with the axle down, it will turn the cab mount from under the rubber, allowing you to retract it from the tractor.
So you dont have to remove the cab, nor the cab mount: only the bolt through the rubber, and then turn it away, then pull it out.

Theres nothing that drops down internally when you pull the halfaxle, you only need to re align the shift sleeve of the difflock, the spring will hold it in position once you've centered it by hand.

Renze,
Thank you very much you saved me many hours worked a treat.

Only problem I had very tight hand brake band on drum which made for some problem but all good now.

I Thank you again
:);)

Kind Regards BuckAu

You're wellcome ;)

No cab removal. Just buy yourself a cheap chinese made car engine hoist and use it to carry the portals from under the mudguards.

Undo center bolt in the cab rubber, put a piece of wood between the rear end and the cab, then tap the portal down untill it hangs with the axle down, it will turn the cab mount from under the rubber, allowing you to retract it from the tractor.
So you dont have to remove the cab, nor the cab mount: only the bolt through the rubber, and then turn it away, then pull it out.

Theres nothing that drops down internally when you pull the halfaxle, you only need to re align the shift sleeve of the difflock, the spring will hold it in position once you've centered it by hand.

Does the same procedure also apply to a 6711 with a duncan cab?
I havent started the job of brake cylinder and shoe replacement yet but from a glance it looks as though the cab (mudguards) are bolted to the portal?
I need to buy the appropriate tools before i start the job so any surprises I need to be aware of?
jack, engine hoist, 27mm skt and breaker bar for wheels, 22mm for portal. any other 'big' tools required??

I traded a 5511 and a 4712 imported from the UK. Dont know if these were Duncan cabs too, but they had the cab built over the mudguards of a cabless model.

I think these had the cab resting on a support mounted to the back of the rear axle, and only the mudguards to the portals ? in that case i'd take the mudguards first, then the portals.

I am replacing the slave cylinders on my 7211. I have the portal off and can now get to the cylinder and shoes. Have new ones ordered. It's just the above comment that someone made on this post. After I get the portal back together with the new parts am I not able to just slide the half axle back into position????????. The above mentions I need to realign the shift sleeve with the difflock. Can I get a better explanation what that means before I try to put it back together. What am I looking for and how do I do it. I was hoping I could just slide it back in like it came out then bolt it back.

Hi,

The diff lock sleeve is on the r/h side. If you're careful when you slide the shaft in it will stay put but it's only resting on two small pegs. I usually engage the diff lock by hand before I start assembling and cable tie the lever to keep pressure on the sleeve. Once the shaft is in the sleeve you can release the cable tie and turn it to align the splines.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back