• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 7341 Starting issue

sjordan23

Level 1
First name
Steve J
I have a 7341. I have a starting issue. I just replaced starter and solenoid today because it would just click and my instrument cluster goes dark. this was the reason I replaced the starter and because the solenoid was smoking a little.
I have to jump it to get the lights back and I just replaced batteries a couple of months ago. any thoughts would be appreciated.

if the lights go off when you turn the key that usually means the battery is not good enough to start. if you hear a clicking noise that's usually bad connection either at the earth or the battery clamps.
make sure your clamps are good because even a hair line crack may keep the tractor from starting. and the earth on the chassis is clean and not corroded,loose or broken.

The battery terminal clamps crack on them from time to time failing that open the door on the exhaust side and facing you remove the side panel of the dash board and the blue terminal block right up high will be the problem. There is another two other things that might be causing this but that is usually the problem.

Where is the earth cable located so that it can be taken off and cleaned?

The battery on the 7341 is it under the step on the left side of the cab or at the very front of the tractor under the bonnet.

If its under the step the earth will come out and probably be yoked to a stud on the gearbox. if its at the front its on the studs for the housing for the front axle.

That's the great thing about Zetors is they will start using a hillside battery afraid the hsx does not come with that option as once you stop the engine the drive form the engine to the wheels is lost your engine brake is gone and your are totally dependant on your hand brake to keep the tractor in the same place as you left it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back