• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor 7745 2 bolt or 3 bolt elbow?

rlaidmanr

Level 2
First name
Richard

Machinery:
Zetor 7745
Hi Everyone:

I have a late 80's Zetor 7745 and when I bought it the previous owner had welded a non standard exhaust pipe and elbow to it, which cracked and finally fell off at the weld. It was installed with a home made elbow where it enters into the engine area from outside. I want to replace the pipe and elbow with the correct ones but have learned that there are two types of elbow/pipe configurations (a 2 bolt and a 3 bolt elbow). I can't find any info to explain which one is correct but any photos I see show different shapes for the elbow. My question is does anyone know how to select the correct one, if it even matters or if I just go with the one where the elbow looks like it is shaped to fit where I need it. I am obviously new at this so this may be a simple thing that I just don't fully understand. I have the parts manual so can see detailed info on the various parts in drawings but no explanation. Any help is appreciated.

The two bolt at muffler side, is useless. The hooks keep breaking off. I'd buy a three bolt elbow and a three bolt muffler. Ive even welded the clamp hooks shut.

I converted our 5245 to home made elbow with 2.5" pipe, to which a 7341 pipe easily slips over (no bolts) Never had any issues again.

The two bolt at muffler side, is useless. The hooks keep breaking off.
... only, when mounted wizhout the 2 springs. I have many Zetor 7745 in my custumers circle with no trouble with this.
But yes, the three bolt version is better more stable mounted.

... only, when mounted wizhout the 2 springs.
With the springs, the pipe would wobble and eventually crack. I welded the hooks shut, tightened it hard, and it would still move side to side.

When i installed the loader, i made my own exhaust elbow 2.5" with a slip fit pipe from a 7341 turbo. That fixed it.

With the springs, the pipe would wobble and eventually crack.
Never seen with original exhaust pipe. The original exhaust has the outlet 45° to the front / side - no problems, the replica exhaust 90° to the side and that's where you have problems.
The only thing that suffers is the cone on the exhaust under which the seal sits. But here too, original silencers last much longer than replicas because the sheet metal is significantly thicker.
Often the screws with the springs were tightened too much. The springs and the cone are supposed to prevent the exhaust elbow from breaking.

You could also just take the exhaust elbow from the 7245 and screw on an exhaust with a triple flange. That works too, but the silencers were louder than those held in place with the spring.
There are also replica silencers with the original oval shape, but still with a triple flange. But thin sheet metal - replica after all.

Never seen with original exhaust pipe.
Ours was an original pipe. Tractor purchased through dealer from 1st owner. Maybe i should have replaced the elbow too, for a tighter fitting one. But when this didnt work with the loader, i sought a permanent cure and made my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back