• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

zetor 8011 pto problem

paddym

Level 2
First name
paddy
Hi guys im new to this forum recently bought an 8011 it i bought it of a neighbour man but we had origanly bought the tractor brand new in 1984 so nice to have it back alot of old memorys

my problem is the pto will not ingauge using the clutch lever on the dash so i have to stop the tractor to inguage pto with the lever right of the seat 540/ground drive has any one seen this problem before the tractor has only 2500 hours on it same as new still

whats the problem ? On ours, we never touched that lever anyway, you just pull that lever under the steering wheel to engage, and push it back to stop the PTO.

Its a hydraulically operated clutch, unlike the UR1 clutch which would run hot when the lever was disengaged so you had to set the gears free and release the clutch again..

sorry i have explained myself wrong the lever at the steering wheel will not work it is connect and all and moving the level on top of the gear box it will not control the pto

Ahhh i get it... the clutch simply stays engaged no matter what you do to the lever...

AFAIK the PTO clutch is hydraulically engaged, spring disengaged. So it must be the control valve which keeps sending oil to the clutch pack.

It must be in the lever, or the valve. Not in the rear end.

You need to check the operating pressures of the hyd PTO pack
To do this you need a guage that reads the 170 psi range.
at the rear of the tractor where the PTO is, to the right facing foreward you will find 2 pipes going into the side of the casing, one of these engages the clutch pack and the other puts brakes on to stop it turning, so putting a guage on either pipe will give you a reading, depending on the lever under the steering wheel's position. this should be 170-175 psi at 1500 rpm. (that's 12.05 bar).
I agree with Renze that its probably the control valve at fault since you wouldn't have any pto without oil pressure, unless you have a tractor with ground drive fitted which is unusual, and you are using it in ground mode.

Hello
I have a problem with the PTO shaft Zetor 8111. Losses to its high turnover. lower right to the seat has a lever with three positions, I think I have a - first low speed 2 - 3 medium high speed - top speed depends on the speed of the tractor.Includes PTO shaft-line from the left lever on the handlebars, which I think hydraulic actuated clutch and so put shaft to rotate, but it currently does not work. How can I remove this problem

hi you need to check the pressure as wrote before if this is ok you need to take pack out at back . there are 3 or 4 large o rings that sum times give trouble if they look good you need to go in further sir clip of at back and press it open there are 4 piston in this that shud be rough at end if not rough there wore and will not brake right check there not stuck in housing which can leave it not to brake or stick it to drive all the time theres also rings in there like piston ring check there all good have seen them broke and badly wore you need all this good to holed up pressure theres a load disks in there that need checking your no when you get in . i find the older packs were better then the newer packs sorry my writing ans spelling is very bad

Today I checked the pressure of the pipes, which go back. When the lever to the steering wheel on the left is the top position / not working fast speed PTO shaft / a 12 bar pressure on the bottom and the top tube no pressure when the lever is down, or should PTO works fast speed is back to the top of the tube has a lower pressure there. I tried the three positions of the lever, which is below the right seat, but faster speeds are not included. In what position the lever on the right side of the seat must occur fast speed. Currently bottom / forward / slow, not moving average and top / back / shaft rotates to the speed of the tractor.

The lever to the right of the seat does not change the PTO speed, it simply engages the PTO system or selects ground drive if its fitted, which its not on most UK spec tractors.
The speed is altered by changing the 8 spline PTO shaft for the 16 spline one located on the right side of the clutch housing under an oval plate held on by 2 x 13mm spanner size bolts.
If you want 1000 speed with the 8 spline shaft, cut a piece of steel rod 10mm long and insert it up the hollow end of the 16 spline shaft and replace it in the side of the tractor.

Just upload it here directly as attachment:
1692613715653.png
There is a way of putting on pictures, but I don't know how

hi all,

I have a pto problem with my 12245, ??????the brake stopped working when i was stirring the slurry pit last week and today when i was using the slurry tanker the pto started playing up. It started working intermittently.

I would load the tanker fine but when i came to spread, it would only turn very slowly, then for no reason it would work normally again, till i turned it back on after turning on the headland. then it would be fine again for a load or two, then start playing up again. some times 2 or 3 loads on the trot.

i have tried the google search but could not fined an answer.

Do i need to drop the pto pack out? i was hoping to check the oil pressure feed today but haven't had time. The high low spilter has become sluggish aswell, feels like the clutch is slipping/dragging when going from low - high under load. Could it be the oil pump? the hydraulics are working as per norm.

cheers

Sounds like pump, but you must test pressures first. There ia a flexible braided pipe that is on the suction side of the pump, I have known this to cause a problem, but unfortunately I don't think you can get at it without splitting the tractor and the TA Housing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back