• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 9540 timing

devplex

Level 2
First name
dev
Hi,
This is my first post, so hello to everbody!!
Has anybody set up the timing gears on a 9540.

Basically on the injection pump timing gear the numbers 3 and 4 are inscribed on the gear.

My question is should the mark on the gear that lines up with the injection pump gear line up with the 3 or the 4.

I can post a picture somewhere if there is someone who can help , just let me know.

Many thanks..

Hi

I think I lined up with "4" when I did the last one but I'm not 100% sure as I can't think what the 3 is for on the UR3. On the UR1 it's for 3 or 4 cylinder. I'm sure someone can confirm I've told you right.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for that, I think myself that its 4 it should line up with.

Here is a picture I have taken, http://69.89.5.121/9540-timing.html
I'd be really interested to know what the 3 means, can you have a 3 cylinder UR3 engine?

Cheers..

The 6801 engine was a 3 cylinder UR3, it found its way to Desta forklifts in very small numbers.... The UR1 4 cylinder engines were much more popular in the Desta

Rumor is that they will produce them again for the compact range, which should have been introduced last year. They seem to focus on the Maxterra range.

I've heard someone who said that they were testing a 11741 at the factory in Brno when he was visiting there... But the 117 is already discontinued so it had to be a Forterra Power (11841, 12841, 13841) or a Maxterra (140-160-180 hp) prototype dressed up with the old 11741 bonnet ;) ;)

Just to confirm for anyone else lineing it up with number 4 works perfectly...

Where are timing marks on this type of Zetor ? On flywheel or somewhere else and what is the correct timing?

Thanks

Hi

There is a 8mm hole facing forward on the right hand side of the engine where you have to insert a pin into the flywheel. Beware as there are 2 holes in the flywheel 23" BTDC and TDC.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back