• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

4011 Newbie help!

danieltonkinconsultingcouk

Level 2
First name
Dantonk
hi guys,

I've just bought a knackered old 4011 as a bit of a project to restore with my sons for a little bit of father son bonding.

I've hit a couple of hurdles that I could do with help with.

1) I could do with a wiring diagram if someone has one as the wiring is shot to pieces. (daniel(AT)tonkinconsulting(DOT)co(DOT)uk). Although amazingly, I hot started the solenoid and she fired straight up within 5 cranks - unbelievable good!

2) I've got no hydraulics at the rear 3 point hitch. When I got her, the levers were totally siezed. With a load of WD40, and time, and gentle tapping, the rear levers are now moving freely, but the 3 point hitch doesn't move. So I checked the gearbox dipstick, only to find I don't understand it. There's 2 marks on the stick that are miles apart (probably 2 inches). Is that the min and max lines? if so, the oil is right down low on the min line, and full of water as it's white. I plan on draining the oil and topping it up, hoping this may help with the issue. Otherwise, what should my next step be?

Thanks for the help.

Dan

1) I could do with a wiring diagram if someone has one as the wiring is shot to pieces.

2) I've got no hydraulics at the rear 3 point hitch. When I got her, the levers were totally siezed. With a load of WD40, and time, and gentle tapping, the rear levers are now moving freely, but the 3 point hitch doesn't move. So I checked the gearbox dipstick, only to find I don't understand it. There's 2 marks on the stick that are miles apart (probably 2 inches). Is that the min and max lines? if so, the oil is right down low on the min line, and full of water as it's white. I plan on draining the oil and topping it up, hoping this may help with the issue.

I would not be familiar with a 4011, I seen 6011 and 7011 alright. I can send you wiring diagram but it would be for another model as above.

I think you should change the oil in the backend when you buy a new vehicle as part of a service especially if your has water in it, the oil only at the bottom mark on the dipstick would be poor for hydraulics so I would refill it up to nearer the top mark.

The lever that you freed just check it hasn't broken the little roll pin and it's slipping or not properly in the first position, then check the P M D lever under the seat, be sure it's in P.

Also when you change the oil in the backend be sure to change the filter too.

Thanks Pal,

So Ive got her up and driving - all fluids topped up - running sweet as a nut.

However I still have no rear hydraulics. Any idea where I should start fault finding. Is it likely to be the hydraulic pump do you think, or maybe one of the drive shafts?

I was going to start by taking the sump off the gearbox and seeing if the shaft is engaging the pump. Does that sound sensible? At the same time I can replace the suction filter I guess...

Any advice great fully appreciated.

hi
To engage the hydraulicpump the small lever on the right side of transmisioncover must be in one of the two forvard posisions. Then try the outer sirket to and if you hear the pump labers the lever for the tripoint is most licly diskonected in some way.
Bjarne

Thanks Bjarne! Youre a legend.

I'm going to start dismantling this weekend to see where the issues lie. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I wish I could post some pictures as there's a few other things that are troubling me, but I'll deal with the hydraulics first...

The next main one is I really only want to use this big old beast for towing trailers, or pulling harrows, rollers, or topper mowers. But I can't really work out the three point link setup. The toplink mount is really odd. It's obviosuly got some kind of movement ability. Does anyone have a photo of a correctly set up 3 point hitch with a toplink from a 4011?

Many thanks

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back