• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

'85 Zetor (agri power)

honeybee1111

Level 2
First name
bart
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm looking into buying a used Zetor . It's being advertised as an '85 with 46 hp 2 wd. they are asking $7,000.00. I have spoken with the owner and he doesn't know much about the tractor. He thought it might have been marketed as an "Agri Power" and he thinks it is 46 engine hp.
Does anyone know what model this is and what it's worth if it's in good condition? I want to be sure it has independent pto, remotes, can turn a 7' haybine, has at least 28 or bigger tires, what the weight is etc.
Any info anyone has would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Bart

If it's an 85 Zetor , it must be a 5211 or an export version for 3rd world countries, based on the 7 and 9 series. Bit i dont think so, these export versions were made for Iraq but sold in the Baltic region. Ask ZJ for more details, his friend owns a late 6911 export model, i remember...

A 7' haybine mower, thats about 2.30 meter... seems a bit much to me...

All Zetors have independent PTO, and at least 28" tires.

thank you. That's very helpful; I went to the finnish site mentioned in another message that has specs. for zetors and it gave good info on 5211 s. Seems like it would be worth going and looking at. It's 2 wheel drive and I don't think they're loaded but if it weighs 6,ooo lbs I should be O.K. and I think 40+ pto hp will turn the haybine.
Several people have mentioned that these tractors are very reliable and hard working. I can't afford a lot of down time - I'd really rely on it to be a steady worker. The other choice is a j.d. 5205 but it's expensive. What do you think the 5211 should cost if it's in very good shape?
Thanks again for you help .

I have no idea who marketed them as Agri power.

Bart, where are you ?? are you the Bart from Belgium, or another Bart ??? I've heard about Agri power in the U.S. before, so you're in the U.S ??

Well the haybine... A 2.40 disc mower-conditioner is usually driven by 80 hp over here.... But that's different to a sickle bar mower with conditioner, as sickle bars cant make the working speed of a disc mower, and dont require much hp to spin the mass either.

With these 5211 you might want to check the water pump bearings for play, (grab the fan and see if you can move the shaft) and the master cylinders of clutch and brakes, for leaks. If they blow, replace the PAL cylinders by Fragokov ones, PAL screwed things up in the 80's so Zetor nowadays orders them from Fragokov, which last 5 times as long.
A water pump is about 100 Euro, and a master cylinder is 50 to 70 Euro. P.S. dont try the master cylinder repair kits, because they dont solve the problem, they give you new seals and piston, but the actual problem is the bad inner coating inside the liner of the cylinder.

Hey Bart,
I just asked the same thing as you,and realized after I posted, where is this tractor, maybe we are lookin at the same one?
Louie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back