• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8540 spool valve problem

G

gw

Recently my spool valve lever got very stiff and now the lever will not hold at the 'free' position. the lever goes back for one valve in the middle for hold slighlity forward for free and full forward for the other valve. now the lever springs from front to back, and a lot of judgment is needed to find free. i spoke to my dealer about this and he told me to open a panel on the floor next to the seat which is where the 'rod' type bars go to and these would be slack, and just require tightened. Of course they are drum tight. so any suggestions im worried something broken to do with the lever underneath the cab?:(

There might be something wrong with the spring loaded ball inside the spool valve. The spring puhes a ball into a groove, the clicks you feel when moveing the lever through the positions.

OK can you get to that by removing the seat and the floor? im hoping to repair this myself if possible.

these clicking balls are inside the spool valve block, under the hitch cover.

I am not sure this is the cause but i cant think of any other.

What is it that you refer to as the Hitch cover?

The cast iron mounting plate on top of the rear axle, under this plate all the hydro stuff is mounted. valves, hitch cylinder, and the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back