• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

pter

Level 2
First name
peter
hi all
recently bought a 9540 i am having problems engaging first gear and reverse .its not slave cylinder have tried extending pushrod but to no avail.
clutch disc sticking to flywheel ????
weak pressure plate ????
also what are they like to do a clutch

I have no experience on UR3 tractors, but i dont think it will be much trouble. On our old 4712 we changed a clutch in one evening, from 7 to 11.

How many hours?
Are you an experienced mechanic ??

hi renze
yes i am an experinced mechanic.
can change clutch in 8111 in 90 minutes .
u3 tractors a new territory.

So, you are experienced so i dont have to tell you about wooden wedges to lockup the front axle tilt, and so on... That talks easier. :D

I dont think a 8111 is much different from a 9540, it's not the same tranny but mainly the same layout, i think...
A 9540 could be easier than a 8111 because you dont have to unmount the steering cardan shaft, just some oil lines for hte powersteering.

However UR3 is new for me too... ;)

how many hours, i meant how many hours has the tractor done ?

hi renze.
9540 has 3500 hours its like new.i sold it today .
4wd are hard to get.thats is good ones.
have good experince on u11 some on u1 .the site is very good keep up good work .
u11 gave a lot of problems with tranny leaks. what do you think??

peter

Hi,

Yes, we had an Ursus C-385 A (copy of the 8045) and had to change the gaskets between tranny and rear axle regularly. Till we tried the blue glue silicone gaskets, they sticked very good. Since then we always use blue glue gaskets on every tranny seal.

hi renze
another problem i have came across many times.on u11.
is the clutch release bearing carrier leaking oil ther is two seals inside and these can give a lot of trouble.some people leave out
the back one as this allows the oil supply from drive shaft to drain back easier.however the main cause of oil leaks in this area is that the carrier is buckled .i have seen them with up to
2mm.of a warp. the best way to solve this is to face off carrier
in a lathe.you will have to shim up carrier with some heavy gasket paper (halloite) as bearing from tranny protrudes out
of housing. i usually use rhodrsil sealer i find it very good.

We use the blue silicone sometimes at work to, i believe
it's from the brand "TEC 7", it's also easy to use...

Hey Peter, i never ran across that problem... Well we only had one UR2, so not many change to get into trouble....

I'm no dealer, just a farm mechanic....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back