• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news Another sneak peek of Zetors DSG transmission prototype

http://www.imiplc.com/~/media/Files/I/IMI/site-visit-brno-2015/precision-all-together-new.pdf

Scroll down to page 35. IMI is a subsidiary of Norgren, the company that also supplies controllers for the Proxima Power transmission from 2008 onwards, and also the HSX, HD and Crystal.

It appears to be a 2nd prototype, as the first functional prototype had four DSG range shifts behind the standard 3speed powershift module, which was a design with inline top shafts. This one has three gear shift forks, which appear to be offset, which may indicate that this is a design with two parallel topshafts, similar to John Deeres Direct Drive.

The prototype in the photo may be the 2nd version (on Espacenet, click on to the next page of the patent description) of what Zetor patented in 2012:

http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalDocument?FT=D&date=20150409&DB=worldwide.espacenet.com&locale=en_EP&CC=US&NR=2015096409A1&KC=A1&ND=4

They patented a way to shift the reverse gears by the dual clutch gears. One topshaft is shifted into reverse, then engaged by the corresponding DSG clutch pack.

I keep mending my brains over it. If it works, its the best solution in the world. But as far as i can fathom, if the lower friction clutch is used to drive the upper secondary shaft with a gearwheel engaged, it is impossible to preselect another gear on the lower shaft because this shaft is already driven and preselecting the gear will be impossible: In reverse this transmission cannot be powershifted as the description says, it will have to disengage drive power to shift gears. It will only work when both secondary shafts are equipped with each its own mechanical synchro shuttle gear...

I am hesitant to say that the emperor is naked because transmissons arent my field of expertise, but someone is making a thought error in relation to this patent and i hope its just me ;)

Anyways, the document says all gears are reversible under load, so they have added a synchro shuttle gear for each secondary shaft. :)

Since December 2015 Zetor started a new project in cooperation with the University of Brno. Its project name is Dvoutok PRO.

The first functional prototype V1 is shown, built into a Forterra HD chassis.

http://www.iae.fme.vutbr.cz/userfiles/uadi/files/2015_ZETOR-dvoutok%C3%A1_p%C5%99evodovka-prototyp_ind2_final.pdf

JD is already setting a benchmark, which New Holland will follow shortly in late 2017, which will also have a 3 range, 8 speed DSG gearbox for the T6 range (and later to replace the questionable RC and PC powershifts in the T7)

I guess dealers will just have to wait. Which means that they will drop Zetor, because their other brand threatens to withdraw their contract unless they become exclusive dealers. Zetor will have to make do with smaller, less experienced and less equipped dealers, which will need the backup of a classic importer (while the main brands are all deleting their importers from the chain, there for demanding big exclusive dealers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back