• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

drought ??

Netherlands Renze

Administrator
Staff member
First name
Renze

Machinery:
1976 5718
1978 5718 35kmh: Work in progress
1967 3011
Hey Big Orn (and the others), are you also suffering a bad drought ? we havent had any decent rain in 6 weeks. We bought 600 piters of Diesel fuel, summer quality, so we could keep going till autumn, when winter quality will be available. With teh current drought, we have burned all of our fuel already, the 6718 driving the irrigation pump stopped around four o'clock this evening, it ran out of fuel.....:mad:

Yea, hitting us pretty hard. Bermuda grass is turning brown and some of the bottomland is cracked and dry - some cracks up to two inches wide:eek: -:fire HOT TOO!!:( Sometimes even sitting under a shade is like being in an oven. I have 30 acres to cleanup that is thick with honey and black locust, sweetgum, honeysuckle and tons of weeds. When I get in there where it's real thick there is no wind. We are looking for rain this weekend. Hope their predictions are right.

In Ireland we have the opposite problem - it is wet and windy!

Galway suffered servere local downpours and flooding on Sunday.

Tom

The only good thing about this dry weather here is that I can finally get to the bottom lands without sinking up to the axle![smiley=happy2]

I'll have to brush up on my geography - I thought that Texas was sandy and dry??

That's Western and Southwestern Texas. In the northeast we are surrounded by lakes, creeks, rivers, streams and, ponds. I have two different places - one I am going to live on and another where me and my family go to hunt, fish and camp. We call that our Backwoods place. Last year from late-February to April there was 14 feet of water on the back side of that place (almost 17 acres worth) This year it's bone dry.

We just had a fair bit of rain a couple of hours ago...

Next problem: We were going to haul straw, but the rain stopped us !!! :(
anyway we havent bought it yet, so it's the farmer's problem, not ours: We will find some decent straw that is not rained through !!!;)

Do you have any (bog) peat area - that you can cut and use for fuel?

No, i live in a forest: the Steernbos. We have lots of wood around to burn... Kinda like the German Zetor 6711 conversion from the 70's: wood gas generator.

Anyway the new load of fuel will come in tomorrow...

Renze - my family and I were in Austria, Lermoos for our holidays this year. This was 60 minutes drive from Marktoberdorf, Germaqny where the Fendt factory is. My son and I took a factory tour. The Vario transmission is something!

In the Fendt museum, they had a wood pwered tractor - it was a big MAMA of a thing!

Many brands had a wood-gas powered version in WW2... Some Germans, during the oil crisis, sold a conversion kit for 6711 to burn wood... It's a weird principle, it burned wood with lack of oxygen, so heat would turn the flammable parts of the wood into a gas, that was burned inside the engine... The fire in the wood kettle was necessary to develope the gas from wood.

Yes, Fendt modern ?? till the mid 80's, they were one of the most oldfashioned brands... there modern image is just because of the Vario... How else would a little one like fendt survive if they didn't aquired the niche market ???

....but we had the load of fuel, but also had a load of water, so the irrigation pump will stand still for at least a week...

We havent had rain for months where my father is but it has now started to cool off for the maize harvest!

Looks like our 3rd grass silage is not ever going to grow its so short and thin its hardly worth fueling up our Xerion 3000 to mow it if its ever ready:(

Over here, we have a spraying prohibition. The government started to let salt water flow back into the polders to stop soil drop.

We had 3mm of rain yesterday, so we decided not to spray because they give away tickets of 1000 Euro for every violation of the spraying prohibition...

Hey, i just hear the rain ticking on the computer room window. It's getting faster, i hope we get a decent 30 mm during the whole day.

we have small rain but not enough by far looks like the maize is now fiish even tho it took some doing

1 x dead John deer, 1 x dead kirovets, 1 x dead prop shaft for xerion, 1 x dead silage trailer and 2 x stupid learner collager drivers!

Tom

Hello everybody!

It has been too dry in here Finland too! Soon we dont have decent water for our cattle and for other purposes if we dont make a drilled well that is drilled to ground-rock. That is expensive.......

Last spring was too dry until came time to start works on the fields. Then started to rain.... We finished our sowing season in the middle of the June. After that has been dry, until now, when we started to thresh. It started to rain allmost every day. Not much but enought to stop working. Now Im waiting a good rain or a nice shine, but Im bored weather like this... no good rain but no weather to make silage or something....

You have one good thing there in the middle europe, long summer. But we have soon very busy, because the winter is coming soon. Its maybe giving the first snow in somewhere in northen Finland --today or maybe tomorrow--

Shiny (or rainy) autumn for everybody!

Hmm... The crow you must be glad those casualties didn't fell among your student drivers, could be a bigger problem with insurance..

Last drought I remember was 1996. I had only one field of grass to ration for a month and feed straw too before it rained, also I remember the silage in the pit didn't even reach the top of the wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back