• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news Dutch Zetor importer Pols, quits

Pols Zuidland, Zetor importer and an active player in the landscape and park machinery market, has given their mission order back to Zetor. They had different expectations when they started this endeavour only a few years ago. Part of the problem is the upscaling of dealerships where large players demand exclusivity from their dealers, so naturally Zetor with only a 150hp 4 cylinder on offer, will see its dealership being discontinued. During the two years of Pols, only 40 new Zetors have been sold.

Though Pols more or less blames the market situation and the dealers, the silent majority of dealers complain that Pols comes from a totally different market, and is not able to give dealers the technical assistance they need, both in sales engineering as well as aftermarket service.

Pols didnt do Zetor for long, they took over from Slootsmid in 2013, owning several dealerships of zetor fendt and MF, and a machinery factory. Slootsmid and Zetor relationships were broiled over warranty disputes, though the organisation had decades of Zetor experience to backup dealerships.

To take over the import, names of other dealerships are mentioned in the corridors, though these that knew what they were talking about, have previously rejected the offer.

Pols will take care of business as long as no new importer has been appointed.

Attachments

• zetor_news_placeholder.jpg
    zetor_news_placeholder.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 25
English please.

It is a europe wide problem. In the entire Scandinavia, Zetor is distributed by HC Pedersen, which in recent years has aquired the Deutz Fahr import, and is absolutely doing nothing to push Zetor, because Deutz gives a much bigger revenue in sales numbers for the same effort.

Profi reports Zetor sold 50 tractors in Germany last year, where Deere sold 6000. Belarus is 5 places higher in the sales ranking. Similar reports come from Ireland.

The interesting thing is that the 150HD was offered for 213.400 Zloty in Poland (which is 51.024 Euro) in Poland where it was offered in Holland for 68.000 Euro, and 65.000 euro in Ireland. Also the Crystal 160 is listed for 255.800 Zloty in Poland, which is 60.970 euro, though in the West, prices of 75.000 are mentioned.

*Broken Link*
In the West it is usual to have 25% air in a tractors price, as negotiating room to beat a competing dealer with the best resale value for the trade-in. Perhaps Zetor was thinking that new importers operating according to the Polish sales model, would work out here ??

Zetor has to make a big leap in ergonomy, fit and finish, by getting all the details right, and also get their brand image towards a level at which the market will bear this higher price. Only if the cab interior becomes comparable to NH and it becomes widely known that Zetors have a better resale value than Spaghetti-Fords, the market will bear Zetors current pricing.

In my opinon Zetor made very bad moves by disregarding long term loyal business relations and putting organisations in place that either knew nothing about the product, or are afilliated to much larger competitors, just to increase profit margins by choosing just-ship-and-bill orgsnisations that provide less added value, and dont stand behind this product, they dont live Zetor and dealers and customers notice that. (it seems in the UK Zetor sales didnt plummet as sharp, because of the very active distribution organisation ??)

Just down the road from where I live one of the last zetor farmers I see had a HSX out on demo for a week heard this mourning he,s gone and ordered a Claas Staff on the farm said it was too bouncy on road Zetor said the HD would cure that Staff said the older cabs pre 08 where better finished steering wheel adjustment is light years ahead of what been fitted now while the air seat in current cab is the poor man,s version as older one had heavier cushions and adjustables arm rest,s. while the lift arm control unit was sitting in a side console where one would rest there palm of there hand made it very easy to operate that gone in the current cab. With all that aside it came down to money in the end and the staff wanted more power shift gears as well.

. while the lift arm control unit was sitting in a side console where one would rest there palm of there hand made it very easy to operate that gone in the current cab.

You mean the position of the EHR panel in the HD cab ? Yes when i sat in it on the exhibition i wondered if i would like it after a days of work. I dont think i will ever design another cab in my career, but if i would, that would still be my criterium: Not the first look, but a few long days of work...

With all that aside it came down to money in the end and the staff wanted more power shift gears as well.

The "more powershift gears" thing doesnt get solved with an extra step. The 8 stage dual clutch gearbox Zetor is developing, would, but as allways Zetor brings the salt when the egg is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back