• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

gear shift conversion

robert_young

Level 2
First name
Robert Young
I have a proxima 7441 , like it for the most part. Would like another tractor. Was looking at a older model zetor with the gear shifter between your legs rather than on the right side like the 7441 . Seemed like it would be an ok tractor,but I don't like climbing around the gear shift when entering and exiting. Could it be adapted to the newer style shifter on the right side?

off course anything is possible... But i'd say no. The gearstick is all the way to the front, you cant get it properly working when bending the lever all the way.

changeing the gearbox cover, and gear stick to that of a Super series, i am not sure: That means you'd have to change the shift forks and slidebars too, and those probably wont fit due to newer generation synchromesh.

Whats the issue with the mid mounted gearlever ? My brother just traded the 5245 for a 5 ton Liebherr loader, so i bought a 5718 for myself, but i had no issues with it when entering the tractor: I just like the dash mounted gearlever of the older series better because it enables you to shift smoother.

It was a 7245 I looked at. Not as pleasant entering and exiting as the 7441. I am not familiar with the model you are refering to.

Not as pleasant entering and exiting as the 7441.
...There is 25 years between them... everything comes at a price ;)

I found the gearshifter on the floor very annoying at first but you get used to it pretty quick, doesn't bother me at all anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back