• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Hydraulic Magnetic filter

antares4141

Level 2
First name
antares4141
I have an agripower 5000. Under the seat there is an access point to Hydraulic magnetic filter. Manual says to tilt the seat. But seat slides on a track. Looks like I have to remove the track to get clear access to the filter?

Tempted to try servicing it without removing the seat track.

Is this the only filter I have to be concerned with as far as Hydraulics and transmission and differential goes?

Tractor is 35 years old. Gear oil never been changed. I am not a heavy user so far of the tractor anyways.

Wondering if it looks clean if I should just keep using the old oil?

Hi
The seat track is higet at the front end so you take out the two bolts in the back end before you can tilt the seat, 35 year old oil is so full off oksids and water condens that even if seams clear it no good.
Bjarne

Hi
The seat track is higet at the front end so you take out the two bolts in the back end before you can tilt the seat, 35 year old oil is so full off oksids and water condens that even if seams clear it no good.
Bjarne

Thanks Bjarne,
I'll try what you said about the seat. I've read some post's on the oil but just to be clear. Plain old 80W-90 off the grocery store shelf?
And that filter under the seat is the only one I have to concern myself with?

I'm guessing you meant "oxides" google came up with that when I typed in "oksids" I never even knew about this.

Sorry for the slow reply I forgot to come back and check for a response.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back