• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Jerking hydraulics

D

Doubleshot

Hi, I am new to this forum. Lots of good info on this site. I just bought an Agripower 5000 1984 model tractor. Machine seems to run pretty good. After using it for the 1st time with a brush hog about 2 hours of mowing, the lift on the 3pt started to act up. I have read the manuals and tried all the position levers and the oil is full and looks good. Here is the problem. When I put up the mower deck lets say all the way the 3pt arms start to drop slowly about 1 to 2 inches then the 3pt jumps back up to the high postion that the lever asked it to in the 1st place. This will continue to happen over and over. If I shut off the tractor like this it will slowly drop the deck all the way to the ground.This will also happen if you have any lift on the mower deck at any height position. This did not happen when I 1st hooked up the brush hog and it held the asked position all night and day before I used it in the field. Did I buy junk? Or has anyone seen or heard how to fix my 1st tractor. P.S. I love it. Tractors are FUN.

I think the Agripower 5000 is the same as a 5211 Model Zetor . This tractor has Zetor names all over. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, the problem is probably the seals on the main lift cylinder inside the hydraulic top cover. You probably haven't got an assister ram on the back of a 5211 but if there is one check this first.

No I do not have an assister but is this piston seal an easy fix or when I open up the top hydraulic cover will I have a new can of worms.

Thanks for your input. Can I use a piston ring compressor just like a car motor would require? I am going to take it apart this week.

The car type may well squeeze them in enough to get the piston started in the cylinder. You could find the cylinder is scored in which case you can replace cylinder and piston with a newer type. (You'll still have to squeeze the rings in). Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back