• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

New Forterra

diyfarmer

Level 2
First name
diy farmer
I had a chat today with the Zetor sales man about a new Forterra 130, there`s a choice now CL, HSX or HD. I wasn`t really interested in a new CL as it`s the same as the one I have.

So I think it`s a HSX, but the price is steep at E 71,500.

Is the tractor worth it? or would I be better off just getting a new 130CL at E 60,000.

I WAS TEST DRIVING A NEW HSX YESTERDAY. and yes its so much more worth it than the cl. the tractor was incredible to drive i own a hsx from the first generation today and this new one was som much more comfortable and improved from mine. not that mine is bad i love it and it has performed flawessly for four years. som im strongly thinking of trading it for a new one.

Jorgen, in what aspect is the latest HSX improved over yours ? The yet again 10cm longer wheelbase and center 4wd ? And what about other things ?

Jorgen, in what aspect is the latest HSX improved over yours ? The yet again 10cm longer wheelbase and center 4wd ? And what about other things ?

it has as you said the new front axle with center drive, it has cab suspension, the glass roof cabin, new dashboard and info center, its got 4 pto speeds, auto 4wd and diff lock, interval wiper, new very good mirrors. improved brakes, tighter turning cirkle, 15-20 % fuel consumption decrease over the past model. no egr, an active dpf that works. new gearstick headpice. wery quiet cabin, motorpal VERMI eletronically governed fuelpump ++++++ it was an incredible machine.

Well I have being driving HSX tractors this weeks. I was on demo 130 and 140,I thought both would be exactly the same but they have different size front tyres and the 140 seem to be noisier in the cab.

But I have 2 questions that someone might know, what does the button on the dash that says AUTO do? and the 140 did not show any icons on the screen when the 4 wd or the differential lock button was pressed, is this a fault?

Well I have being driving HSX tractors this weeks. I was on demo 130 and 140,I thought both would be exactly the same but they have different size front tyres and the 140 seem to be noisier in the cab.

But I have 2 questions that someone might know, what does the button on the dash that says AUTO do? and the 140 did not show any icons on the screen when the 4 wd or the differential lock button was pressed, is this a fault?

THE AUTO BUTTON. this is for automatic shifting of the multiplier depending on engine speed. does the models you tried have the ad blue and the electonically governed fuel pump? all icons popped up in the display on the one i tried and most likely will sign a contract for on monday.

does the models you tried have the ad blue and the electonically governed fuel pump? all icons popped up in the display on the one i tried and most likely will sign a contract for on monday.

No neither of the tractors I drove had ad blue nor did any of the other new Zetors in yard except a new proxima 120 hs. the 140 demo I drove must have a sensor wrong so as no icon for 4wd or differential came up on the screen.

On the plus side it did say she was doing 48 km on the road flat out.

does the models you tried have the ad blue and the electonically governed fuel pump? all icons popped up in the display on the one i tried and most likely will sign a contract for on monday.

No neither of the tractors I drove had ad blue nor did any of the other new Zetors in yard except a new proxima 120 hs. the 140 demo I drove must have a sensor wrong so as no icon for 4wd or differential came up on the screen.

On the plus side it did say she was doing 48 km on the road flat out.

then its not the latest models it must be lay over models they are trying to get out so they can get in new. i dont think its sensor fault because the hsx i have doesent have icon for 4wd in the display, i believe it came now in the 3 generation. i would seriosly have wated for the latest model or et them to give you a GOOD price for these you tried.

This 140 I drove looked new ok its got no plates on it but yes its not brand new but its got all bells and whistles I need and suits my wallet and all the things you said already Jorgen .

But if that's the case then all the new Zetors in the yard are older ones even the 2 big 150 HD tractors that they were pre-checking in the garage as none had ad blue only the proxima 120.

The HSX has no engine brake when engine is off miss that when compared to the basic model great engine. Did you buy at the end of the day.

Did you buy at the end of the day.

I am still thinking, I was going to say yes but then I heard some one say that that the HSX can have problems with the power shuttle pack and did in the past or are they cured now. Is this true?

They only give trouble when spreading a lot of fertlizer or very dry weather the air operate valve controlling the packs can get stuck will feel like clutch slipping . Most important is a have it out on demo as there sales have falling off a clif around here while there a couple of hsx bought by long time customer that seem to have change colour after about two years.The customers that buy proxima seem to keep them.

Did you buy at the end of the day.

I am still thinking, I was going to say yes but then I heard some one say that that the HSX can have problems with the power shuttle pack and did in the past or are they cured now. Is this true?

had hsx 140 for the past 4 years only hard work no problems at all with the shuttle pack or anything else works great and runs smoothly.

That's good to know and I wont be spreading too much fertilizer anyway.

But I was talking to an HSX owner said the clutch beep noise is a pain in the head when the revs go over 1200 rpm and its is hard to start off at the headland working a one pass to get it revved up and down in the ground and move off without holding the clutch pedal and all the time its beeping at you. He replaced the clutch pack around 1100 hours.

If I master this with beep, it will be a great tractor for me.

Above 1200 revs it,s the button on the gear lever that is to be pressed to change gear the clutch is really an inching tool. Don't hang on to gear lever long periods as you will have one very sore wrist.
The powershift clutch packs can take the power no problem main clutch pack in some are slow to engage and that's the way it comes a bit like a range change in semi powershift units.

And what are the thoughts on the tractors EGR and DFP faults? is there a way to get around them or are these issues solved now.

They only give trouble when spreading a lot of fertlizer or very dry weather the air operate valve controlling the packs can get stuck will feel like clutch slipping .
It is 20 years ago that the powershift was air operated.. Ever since the 1st Forterras (with 4 speed gearbox) the powershift is hydraulic.

Look under the cab from the left hand side and there sitting on top of the transmission is the control circuit for the power shifts and the far off one is the PTO the air cylinder moves a spline shaft that redirects the oil flow the air cylinder works one way extending a spring the spring is what makes the the shaft returns to the off position for PTO and high shift in the clutch less chances when key switch is turned off
That is how the system works and still the same in a hsx and fertiliser blowing in will end up sitting on those little pneumatic Rams It a Deere that spreads the fertlizer during summer months on the home farm it uses a stepper motor

They been using Stepper motor technology for 20 years band more.

Last hsx dealer just put in a service dpf and ran great these tractors have really good engines nothing to fear on that front

I was talking to the sales man today and he said that the filter will be serviced when I get the tractor and they show me how to it clean out in future. and if it causes trouble they will do something about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back