• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news new Zetor marketing videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8CXL_fmIxU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slCSUbp0Lv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGxAkyeJI9I

Did you guys see them ?? Personally i like the 2nd one (the wedding) its kind of cool. The other two portrait Zetor owners as total schmucks that value their tractor higher than family life... It seems quite the opposite of the brand image Zetor is trying to set (the clever choice for the family farmer) where the 2nd video hits the nail on the head: Young farmers that have no sentiment with Zetor in its heighdays (70s/80s) must find it cool again, to show off to their neighbours with a Zetor.

I saw them. I thought they were all humorous, but I could see where one might take offense to the first and third one.

This is exciting. It is some of the first Zetor advertisement videos that I've ever seen. They really are trying to market the Crystal. I wonder when they will announce it in the North American market? Our newest Zetor is the Forterra HD.

Also excited to see the Pininfarina concept tractor at Agritechnica.

I dont take offense, but i doubt it will work when things become too unserious. Fendt advertisements depict a serious managing farmer that knows what hes doing and says "ich fahre Fendt" Its in sharp contrast with the Zetor advertisements. Zetor has to fight a certain prejudice of the last 20 years, and i see only the 2nd video counters that: a young farmer with a luscious bride (not a barbie doll but a fine young lady) chooses to take his brand new Crystal as a wedding car. Message: you can be seen on a Zetor !

The other two videos message is that you'd have to be an eccentric nutjob to glorify Zetors. I dont think thats what marketing dept. wants

This is how IH handled it in the 70's.... Maybe its too cheesy for today, but oooh the nostalgia....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_76NT_VYVg4

Just my prediction 6 years ago, that the 2+2 concept would be revived within 5 years because conventional frames couldnt put the power to the ground, didnt come true... Fendt got a tire manufacturer to develop the biggest tractor rear tire ever made, for their 1000 series and the rest have yet to follow... though CNH quickly installed this new tire size on their articulated tractors...

"row crop work" a distinction that has dissolved into the current high horsepower tractor lines due to better tires...

I agree with you on the videos. I wasn't insinuating that you were taking offense. I apologize for that.

Yes; it is all about marketing. Apple doesn't make that much of a better product than any other technology company. Due to their marketing, they can now practically charge whatever they want for a product and people will pay it. They made the iPhone a fashion statement. I like that Zetor is attempting something very similar; it is now okay to be in a Zetor. They definitely deserve the brand respect that John Deere gets.

IH was a very progressive company. Had it not been for some bad decisions and a bad economy in the 1980s, we might still see IH today.

They made the iPhone a fashion statement. I like that Zetor is attempting something very similar; it is now okay to be in a Zetor. They definitely deserve the brand respect that John Deere gets.

Driving a Zetor used to be progressive in the 60's and 70's: comparing a 4011 with a 10 speed, and a 165 with a 6 speed. Or a 188 with a noisy tin can cab, to the 8011 with a full floating cab.
But because little has changed to the tractors while the competition did change, Zetors brand image slid down to Belarus and Torpedo.

they need to hook back on to that sentiment, older people will tell the youngsters how forward the old Crystal was in its heighdays.

Manufacturer-dealer-customer relations are much more than just cold hard figures... Most Fendt 939's are NOT sold because it enables a farmer or contractor to do a job for a better result or a lower cost... Its how a contractor markets itself to its customers and/or employees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back