• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Old zetor super 50 engine modification

borceg

Level 2
First name
borceg
Hi all at zetorworld.com, happy new years :):):)

I have an old zetor super 50 in good condition with original/stock engine. But I'm not satisfied with its ~50hp. Also I have an old Csepel truck, Engine Type: D-414C, 4 cylinders with separate head per cylinder, 80~90hp based on spec.

The question is, is it possible to replace zetor's engine with csepels and if anybody tried to do this modification, please tell me.
Any suggestion/help is appreciated

any thing is possible whether it makes economic sense is another thing,better to sell the tractor and engine and buy another tractor at the size you want.

I think the Csepel is a Steyr license. its a big old heavy engine, with probably a much larger flywheel that doesnt fit the Zetor transmission.

If you increase the fuel and rpm of that 4.1 liter Super 50 engine, you can easily get 75hp at 2200rpm.
The Super 50 was built in India and Iraq, and was sold as a 70hp tractor with above mentioned adjustment to rpm and fuel quantity.

the csepel engine is a hungarian engine renze used in Dutra traktors when sold in hungary and surrounding countrys.... in england you could buy the dutra tractors with a perkins engine. i read about this in a tractor magasine last year :)

Yes i know, its a Steyr license built in the city of Csepel, Hungary. Used in Dutra tractors, which later became Raba, which sells the axles to Case IH Steiger for the articulated tractors. Also the Claas Xerion has Raba axles, from the old Dutra factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back