• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Question on 6 cylinder Deutz engine on new forterra's?

aaron11441

Level 2
First name
aaron

Machinery:
Hi lads im new to this.
I wondering what would be the smallest 6 cylinder Deutz engine for the new forterra's would be. if there was a 130 hp model we would most likely get it.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!;)

As far as I know the forterras will stay with 4 cyl. The crystal will have the 6 and they will start at 175 hp. That's how I understood it.

As far as I know the forterras will stay with 4 cyl. The crystal will have the 6 and they will start at 175 hp. That's how I understood it.

Forterra HD will get 6 cylinders as an option instread of 4 cyl.

Do you know at what starting hp forterra 11441? for the 6 cylinder engions

from 150 hp and up. i belive you will get the 150 hd With both 4 and 6 as an option in the future.

The Spanish importer Catron spoke last year of 150 160 and 170hp six cylinder tractors with powershift and semi-automatic transmission, badged Crystal. The UK importer speaks of 150 and 165hp models bDged Crystal, the Polish speaks of 170hp Forterra HD and the Dutch speaks of tractors up to 190 hp.

130hp six pots wont be. The exhaust temperatures will be too low to make the aftertreatment work efficiently so it is uneconomical. Next to that, emissions make engines more expensive anyway.

Most likely we get 150 and 165hp six pots with a HSX three stage powershift transmission, and possibly a beefed up three stage powershift transmission to 190 hp, and later a dual clutch transmission for the customers with medium level needs.

Why would you want a 130hp six cylinder anyway, just because the 11441 is too short and jumpy ? The current generation of HSX (with center fwd driveshaft) has a 20cm longer wheelbase similar to Ford 7810 fendt 514 and maxxum 5150.

Just in relation to Aaron11441's comments on size,I've read somewhere Zetor are trying to do a 'Skoda' on it,and like skoda did zetor should concentrate on looking after its existing customers needs first instead of trying to play with the big boys in the 200hp class,a lot of farmers r still looking for a 'basic compact' 6pot 135hp to155hp which can handle a round baler,12000l tank,etc,but yet be at home around yard with a loader,skoda didn't jump straight in with 'supberb' they started with more basic models for existing customers and win over minds and hearts of new ones

Zetors existing customers still lust for low powered six pots for one main reason: the poor performance of the 11441. Short and bouncy and severe turbo lag when pulling up from low rpm. Where other brands customers have been prepared for the high power 4 cylinder, Zetor customers think of the 11441 which just couldnt hold a candle to a six cylinder in smoothness of operation.

If they beef up the rear axle to safely carry the tongue weight of that 12.000 liter tanker a HSX will be a perfect choice as 135hp tractor, with more torque than a 16145 and the wheelbase of 135 - 150hp six pots of the 90s... just customers have their mind on a six pot because the 11441 proved to them that a four pot is a bad compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back