• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

US Zetor owners

heffronvalley

Level 2
First name
HeffronValley
Scrape up and lay in a supply of parts, I was informed that Zetorna is not going to deal with parts only dealers after July 1, 2013. I tried to sell them, I put in bids with municipalities and everything. Golf courses, cattle farmers, cash croppers and people with a long snowy driveway, I did my best to help you.
Still have 22 year old Zetor brochure I picked up at Farm progress days that started my pursuit, people like cheaper New Hollands.
One other dream I had was a M&W turbo on a 806 IH with an Elwood that would pretty much kick Forterra 140's ass. Don't need Elwood, duals would do it.

Hy-Capacity, Tisco and A&I will haunt Zetor with old fat Farmalls forever.

They're damn right... Dealers get a discount on parts and get technical bulletins and training to maintain their know-how so they can earn a living on it: They need to sell new tractors in return so the factory can make a living too.

A local Valtra dealer was offered the Renault dealership when the Renault dealer quit. He refused because he said that he wouldnt sell enough to maintain two brands and he would loose franchise of both.

Thats how it works at the big three too: you cant just get discount on parts that are delivered next day, when theres nothing in return. If you want to serve your customers, the nearest OFFICIAL dealer will give you a few % of discount, but parts is no longer "easy money" :)

And sales succes of a dealer depends on their attitude towards the product they sell, customers can just smell that. You're not going to sell any before June if you keep moaning about that other brand that ceased to exist 30 years ago.... Perhaps you could sell some new Majors to those owners of long driveways, if you cant convince farmers and ranchers into the Forterra and Proxima ranges because the word FARMALL written on your forehead, you might convince horse owners with just a low price.

p.s. if we dont have old junk to trade, we get 10% discount of the list price here. If we have old junk to trade, there is no discount but we get a "great resale value". Any other dealer, either cars or construction equipment or tractors, operates according to this technique. You must win the customer with a poor margin on a new tractor by giving good resale values for his trade ins, so he returns for parts and service once you have sold him a new tractor. If you want to get the maximum margin on the sales of new tractors, you're outbid by others and you cant grow a sustainable clientele for your dealership and the factory cannot give you the discount on the parts because you offer them no service in return.

Anyways, try to sell some Majors to estate owners and horse people. Once you get sales going with a cheap Major and enough of that bright red is running in the area, the sales of more advanced and more heavy duty models will start to roll too.

Jawa and Menards sold the heck out of them, used to be like 8 dealers in my state, now the next one is listed as parts only 180 miles away in Minnesota. I put bids in with gov agencies, tried talking to farmers. Nothing. I kept asking about a smaller unit like the 5243, nothing. Maxterra 175 hp, big deal. Will it lift a 24 row 3pt planter? Zetor has tractors that are geared towards cattle operations that are bleeding alot of red ink here.
My training is working on old wrecks, you make me sound like a taker and I figured I was trying to sit tight and help customers with older units to try to mend fences until they figured I was in it for the haul or there situation improved and they could purchase a new tractor.
I am not stealing from an agressive dealer 20 miles away.

FARMALL is written on my forehead, and I tell people that a new Zetor may be a better option than fixing your old MTA, because your 5000 Ford is getting long in the tooth and this would to the work that both are doing if one goes down.
Zetor is lumped in with Belarus here.

where are these good dealers? Read thru page after page of asspains. Any from Wisconsin?

I have people that call me from aways off to thank me for helping them thru a problem on the phone that I sold no parts for. What's my time worth?
You sound kinda smug coming from a country where two Zetors could be in a collision. It's a tuff sell out here.
Show me a youtube video about a Zetor from the USA.

My best was an out of frame on an old 5488 with a DTI 466, rated for 20 horse more 30 years ago;)

you make me sound like a taker
You come here with an attitude, yapping about Farmalls. Either is not going to get you any tractors sold, that was my point.
And we here on this forum, are not the ones to complain to, you're having a direct business relation with ZetorNA.

Next to that, Zetor parts WILL BE available through remaining dealers or directly through ZetorNA. you're blurting panic for nothing, and actually beating down your own business while you have untill June to sell some of those new cheap Majors.

Zetor is lumped in with Belarus here.
Only way to change that shade tree brand perception is to get rid of parts only dealers. Dealers that dont sell tractors, (seemingly unable to, in the eyes of people) arent an appealing thought for potential customers.

I take ZetorNA thinks soft healers make stinking wounds... They have all kinds of problems, a brand perception in the market, that is far from reality and a poorly functioning, very thin dealer network. It can only improve by pruning.

Really, have you yet inquired at ZetorNA when the new Major will be on US shores ?? Thats really a tractor for golf courses and estate owners, in the market against India made competition from the big 3. I would call your sales rep and ask him if he has a proposal on how to help you penetrate your local market and how to get sales going again: you have the same goal. Git 'r done !!

I had my run, let the next guy do better. The $900 plus per year I will save on my insurance is more than I made screwing Zetor on parts. New product is nice, but old girls 30 years old sitting in the back of sheds and in fencerows for the lack of parts and knowledge makes a 60 year old Farmall H raking hay look good here.

Maybe I ain't the man for the job, I have a hard time selling something that does not start as good as my 7211 who's dash is put together like a Chinese television set.
7441 Proxima is nice, but I do not envision it taking the hell my 7211 has.
Maybe it is a good time to get off this train, banging 7211 dash to make the key go in to haul a straw bale out for my boys in freezing rain. Proxima would have been a tragic mess of dash on the floormatts.
3340 in my shop, cousin with money in need of tractor, 7441 comes about, 7211, 2 Agri 5000 and a 5011 come about so I can learn how to work on them.
Heck with it, same building (temp) a Leyland 384 outdid the Proxima for starting the other day.
I am not a liar and will not try to sell something that will not perform.

If I was bleeding the money to sell Zetor here I would go fishing.

I was commented on my Facebook for MCV valve overhaul on a 756, now you want me to make this poor SOB pay for interrest and floorplanninng?

what ???

Look mr, your last few messages have all been a personal complaint about how Zetor sales have plummeted under your dealership.. You're not a victim, but you enjoy freedom of enterprise in the USA and you were in charge of your own business all the time, free to take on another dealership you are an interesting party for any other brand !!

If you want to keep making a fool out of yourself, you're not going to do it here because next time you'll get a ban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back