• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor Crystal 8011 full service?

liberty

Level 2
First name
Liberty
Hi,

Recently got a 1978 Zetor Crystal 8011 and i want to give it a full service. I have some questions i hope someone can help me with.

1. Do i add Oil to the air Breather basin. we used to have a MF35 and you added oil to the basin of the breather.
2. Are the markings for lining up the centrifugal oil filter clearly marked or obvious when i take it apart.
3. When draining the engine oil i cannot get the Nut to open. There is another nut slighlty below this one i opened it slighlty and water came out - What is this for. Should i drain it. Perhaps i am not in the right place to drain the oil ?
4. Where do i drain and then fill the back end oil?
5. There is an hydraulic screw in oil filter on the right (as you look from the front) of the tractor under the cab. There is another metal housing underneath this looks like a filter could fit in there. do i need to do something with this.

1. Do i add Oil to the air Breather basin. .
2. Are the markings for lining up the centrifugal oil filter clearly marked or obvious when i take it apart.
3. When draining the engine oil i cannot get the Nut to open. There is another nut slighlty below this one i opened it slighlty and water came out - What is this for. Should i drain it. Perhaps i am not in the right place to drain the oil ?
4. Where do i drain and then fill the back end oil?
5. There is an hydraulic screw in oil filter on the right (as you look from the front) of the tractor under the cab. There is another metal housing underneath this looks like a filter could fit in there. do i need to do something with this.

Answers.
1. Yes put engine oil in air breather basin up to the mark.
2. Yes the filter has marks on the bottom to line up.
3. The engine oil bung is a big 24mm nut on the right sump, if the bung won't open with good leverage give the nut one good bang with a lump hammer.
4. To empty the backend oil, there is 2 nuts to open. one is on the bottom under the gearbox the other is under the backend where the pickup hitch is. The filler is in the floor of the cab in front of the hi/lo gearstick.
5. That is the hydraulic filter that needs to changed and the other one can be opened and cleaned and refitted.

Hi All, Is there supposed to be a rubber seal for the centrifugal oil filter between the cover and the base.

Hi All, Is there supposed to be a rubber seal for the centrifugal oil filter between the cover and the base.

Yes there would be a ring in the base of the housing where the cover screws into. also there is a rubber ring in a groove in the internal part of the filter and on top of the gauze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back