• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor Super Engines (3.9L) vs Proxima Engines (4.2L)

hughbroome2

Level 2
First name
hughbroome2
Does anyone know why Zetor changed from the 3.9 L engines that were in the Super tractors to the 4.2 L engines that are currently in the Proxima tractors? I am somewhat unfamiliar with Zetor tractors, but I read somewhere that the 3.9 L engines had individual cylinder heads, while the 4.2 L engines have a traditional one piece head. Is this true?

Does anyone know why Zetor changed from the 3.9 L engines that were in the Super tractors to the 4.2 L engines that are currently in the Proxima tractors? I am somewhat unfamiliar with Zetor tractors, but I read somewhere that the 3.9 L engines had individual cylinder heads, while the 4.2 L engines have a traditional one piece head. Is this true?

yes this is true. the 4,2 engine also has a balancing shaft, and alot more potensial for Power takeout. also the New emission standards made it a smart move to only develop one series of engines, to keep up With the emission standards. and the 4,2 liter is a more modern design and a better platform to build a engine that kan keep up With emissions.

However a Swiss tractorpuller is riding with a Proxima hood whilst still having the 3.9 liter UR1 engine underneath, with somewhere between 350 and 400 hp. Dont underestimate the trusty old UR1 engine ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back