• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

ZTS UR IIC M98 >>Is this a good tractor???

searchzts

Level 2
First name
Zetor Driver
Hello Zetor fans

Does enyone of you have experience with the new M98 ZTS tractors. (12245 / 16245)
http://www.zts-tees.sk/URII-eng.html

We are searching for a cheap solid ZTS/Zetor. This tractor looks good but i did not find a lot of information in internet and i did not saw one of them in austria.

What would you prefer?
ZTS 12245 M98
Zetor Forterra 11741

Thank you

The ZTS has not changed much from the "crystal" range. So It is exellent pulling tractor. But the zetor forterra is a much more modern design And more fuel efficient. I guess if you want a strong and simple tractor the ZTS is better. But I would prefer The Forterra, because it is more easy to find spare-parts and service;)

RE: internash

Yes it's easier to buy Zetor Forterra. There is a dealer only 10km away from me.
But I heard nothing good about the new Forterra.:(

Yes the ZTS UR IIC M98 is not so modern as the Zetor Forterra, but I believe they are much more solid and stronger.
Are your sure that they did not changed much from the "crystal" range??
I heard a lot of good things about the old ZTS/Zetor 16245
(1992-199:cool:.

I also saw that there is also a M99 version from this tractor.???
(M99 are faster and they have fixed a lot i think)

Thee good thing is that slovakia, czech republic, is neighbor to next to Austria.:p

There are some of the new ZTS 16245 M98/M99 running in Poland, but i think that ZTS did not produced much of them.

Does ANYONE have experience with the ZTS 16245 M98 or M99??? I believe they are good69)

Thank you all for help

Look at this 16145.

This tractor has 160hp. I can't believe..... :eek:
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/zetor /0/c5fe8244-e523-4caf-9a65-5842da3c3b54.htm

Is this one of the old crystal?

If you want cheap and solid, dont buy a 11741.
They arent worth much as a used tractor, and the Same engine is more expensive in service and repair, they dont have a very good reputation.

If you could find any, i'd go with a 11441 with Zetor 's own 4 cylinder engine.

Those forterra are OK. The new ones are better though. The ZTS is just the same as the old crystal, just the styling is new. underneath it is the same tractor;)

That sounds like the same problems we have with the 7745.

Good things:
Cheap
easy for self repair (Simple system)
very good and powerful engine

Bad things:
Big turning circle
External hydraulics is VERY rubbish
We also have big problems with brakes and to
switch up and down in 3rd gear

Are you sure. There is no difference between the old 12245/16245 and the new ZTS 12245/16245 M98???????????? Because there is still a M98 and a M99 Version.

ZTS are also not available in Austria.

And Austria is neighbor to slovakia, czech republic.

Does anyone know how many tractors ZTS produces in one year???

ZTS doesnt have the money to invest in the research to update the old Crystal engines to Euro 3
That's why they arent sold in the Western world right now.
I dont know what Ursus wants to do, as they are loosing market right now because they have old engines...

The Ur2 had poor transmission bearings during 2 years, i think between 1996 and 1998.... Not really a big thing if you replace the bearings with good SKF or ZKL or Timken, Fendt had the same problem on the 309-312 between 1989 and 1991.....

the dealer for ursus here in norway told me today that ursus now build their own engines for the biggest models.

In that case they must have moved the production from Martin Diesel, to the main Ursus plant in Poland...
This wont do much good for the reliabilty i am afraid, of the old Zetor Crystal, the only parts that caused serious trouble because of material failures and poor machining and assembly failures, the hydraulic assisted steering and the rear axle, were produced by Ursus, where the main transmission housing was outsourced to Povaszke Strojarne (which has been a subsidiary of HTC holding for some years) and the front axle was built to Zetor specifications at Universal tractors Brasov, Rumania.

All the small Ursus have massey ferguson engine. (perkins)
I dont know what engines are fitted in 100hp+ Ursus???

Tractor UR II M 98 has new kabine, some new control lights, new motor (16245 - type 8604 same as 18345, some older versions M 98 are with 8602). Transmission was for 25 or 30 km/h. On some 16245 was optionally 4-speed main gearbox, developed for M99. (Can be rebuid for faster speed).New plastic bonnet. (three piece, when motor is overheated side plates can be removed but it is complet with front part in one piece then the cooler is more open and it is overheating more and more). Other main components are the same as model UR II Super with wet brakes. If you want a tractor for heavy field works buy 16245 produced in 1994-1998. Newer models has poor quality. One bad thing on M 98 models is new motor, older motors are much better.

UR II M99 (16445) was not is serial production, they were just in testing.

I dont know problems about gearbox bearings, just common things, seriosly problems with bearins was in 18345 type where was other type of bearings and it must be adjusted in service, after "home made" repair it was often broken........

But are they still producing tractors i slovakia? its not possible to find someting on the internet about new zts tractors.

Miro, i have heard of an engine bearing problem with the 18345 long stroke 7.3 liter engine ???

Though these tractors dont come up to the tier emissions. For instance say if i were to go over to slovakia and buy one and import it backto the uk i would be aloud to:D so why wont they allow to sell them in the uk. strange if you ask me???. i might go and get one thinking about it:p

Renze, yes I agree with that, every motor 7,3 l I know was at least once with broken bearings on crankshaft (usually bearing for first rod).

I think this tractors are not produced this time in Slovakia.
In 2005 was produced few tractors MD 8604 -
http://www.monsta.cz./novinky/index.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back