• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

bigdavesproule1

Level 2
First name
bigdavesproule1
alrite lads, ive got an 8145, cracking tractor, such a work horse never had any serious problems, handbrake not locking, head gasket went twice but nothing 2 major,
also have a 10540 another great workhorse, recently overhauled the engine, but is still very hard to start, even with heater plugs. and smokes terribly.

just about to over haul the front axle, got bushings made for the kingpins as the front loader has been very sore on them, the pivot bearings are also very badly worn, just wondering if anyone here has any experience with these or can help me or give advice?
thanks

Hi

Does the smoke clear when the engine gets warm ? Are you sure all the glow plugs are working and staying on for another couple of minutes after the engine has started ?
Did you use the correct head gasket ?

Mike

smoke never really clears, tractor was overhauled by someone else who charged a fortune and obviously didnt do too good a job, the heater plugs are wired to a manual switch.

Hi

You need to check each heater plug to make sure it is working. No need to remove, just disconnect them and check with a resistance meter.
It just shows going away from the Zetor dealer may be cheaper but is not always the best move !!!!

Mike

10540 probably has the old Zetor front axle (not the Carraro axle, since 1996)
The kingpin can be quite stuck, i had to take the front axle straddle off, and bash it out with a sledge and a piece of solid round bar.
They use standard industrial glacier bushings which can be obtained anywhere. The pin is hardened, so unless you waited too long and the pin has worn into the housing, replacing the pin is never necessary.

no it has th carraro axle, its the pivot bearings that i am going to tackle next, not sure if its a big job or not,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back