• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

3045 heavy clutch

iain

Level 2
First name
iain
After putting the engine back in my 3045 the clutch seems really heavy. I didn't have the clutch to pieces but did find that the release bearing was permanently in contact with the fingers. I think this was because I found the fingers not actually pushing on the pads of the housing of the thrust bearing.

Anyway adjusted it for clearance and it is very heavy. Works fine though. Yesterday I checked all the pedal etc was free and it is, the only thing I noticed was that the arm had been adjusted so that the bearing had moved a good inch from its free position by shortening the rod. If the bearing was sat without the rod connected, then there was about an inch before it would hit the fingers. The only thing I thought of is hat then the springs are very atretched by the time you engage the clutch

I've ordered new fingers, plate, and a thrust bearing (it's very noisy!) but just wondering if I'm missing something? The fingers contact directly with the thrust bearing and do look a little worn but I don't know how long they would be? Also the pins the push the diaphragm only come out the flywheel by maybe 5mm on the drive plate. So much so that the drive fingers are fully adjusted out and adjustment to the connecting rod as I said.

Any pictures anyone has? Im going to split the tractor again and fit the new fingers, plate and bearing.

I've done as much searching as I can and heard about buttress caps? Just what exactly are these and where do they fit?

Im wondering if they are missing hence being unable to adjust the clutch properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back