• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

3045 steering box

tha_ulsterscot

Level 2
First name
Tha Ulsterscot
HI there, I've just restore the above tractor but I still have too much play in the steering box. I've been told that a box from a later model will fit on. It has roller bearings instead of the block system in mine Can anyone tell me what tractor this comes off as I'd like to fit one. Thanks Paddy.

You can fit it but it will have only one steering arm, with a track rod connecting both wheels, instead of two like the 3011 and 3045 had.

We once got a steering gear for a 2011 from Beno, for a very reasonable price.

can you not remove a shim or two from the steering box to tighten it up?

Hi we have the parts to restore your steering box back to as new www.zetor -dealer.co.uk

My 3045 has only one steering arm, and I have two sets of bushes for the centre pin, supplied by Zetor agents which are too big, yet they say you can't get any smaller ones. ITs a 1968 tractor.

Hmm it sounds logical that the 4wd axle has a track rod to bear the reaction forces of driven front wheels, and therefor only one steering arm.. unlike the 2wd models

Hello,

we also have now a 3045 and it also have only one, not two like 3011 or 2011.

But in an old video from Zetor its a 3045 to see with two... confusing. ;)

greetings
Pics from my 3045: https://www.zetor-forum.de/forum/themen/zetor-3045-restauration.5325/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back