• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

3340 4WD, hydraulic fluid help

russellfees

Level 2
First name
russellfees
Bought a 1993 year model 3340. Where do i add hydraulic fluid?
I can tell its low, doesnt have the "power" and the bucket slowly (not noticeably) sinks to the ground if i leave it up for a while. And how do i engage the 4wd? I know there's a lever to the left of my seat, but i cant get it to go up or down. is there something I'm missing? Ive downloaded several manuals , but having the hardest time deciphering them and finding anything. and the drawings are very hard to follow.

other questions, not as urgent:
-auger spins slowly even only the front bucket is engaged - and i can grab auger and stop it, it's not spinning with any 'force,' like when it's engaged, it just spins. why?

where to add brake fluid, power steering fluid (and does it matter what kind), antifreeze/coolant, engine oil?

where's the oil filter at to change?

any labels/markings are worn off the tractor, so it's anyones guess as to what each cap/plug/reservoir might be and i dont want to put the wrong fluids in the wrong places!

anyone have a 3340 and can send me pictures of these things? russell.fees.awfc.1997@hotmail.com

Thank you!!!!

Bought a 1993 year model 3340. Where do i add hydraulic fluid?
I can tell its low, doesnt have the "power" and the bucket slowly (not noticeably) sinks to the ground if i leave it up for a while. And how do i engage the 4wd? I know there's a lever to the left of my seat, but i cant get it to go up or down. is there something I'm missing?
other questions, not as urgent:
-auger spins slowly even only the front bucket is engaged - and i can grab auger and stop it, it's not spinning with any 'force,' like when it's engaged, it just spins. why?
where to add brake fluid, power steering fluid (and does it matter what kind), antifreeze/coolant, engine oil?
where's the oil filter at to change?

That's a great list you have, I never owned a Zetor as small as 3340 but had a 7340 once upon a time. The hydraulic oil goes into a filler hole on the floor near the gearstick, when you open it there's a dipstick welded to the bung.

To engage the 4wd the lever is on the floor close to your heel on the left side, you turn the handle to the right and push it down into the floor.

The auger spins ??? sorry don't know what you mean unless your talking about the PTO shaft on the back. Are you saying that you have no power in the pto? have you got it engaged properly??

The brake fluid goes in a vessel bowl under the bonnet up against the bulkhead. The power steering fluid goes in tank in front of the radiator. Anti freeze depends on where you live as how strong you need it, put it in the radiator. The engine oil filter on the right side of the engine and it's cleanable you don't need to change it.

diy farmer - thank you! that's very helpful!! so on the auger (post hole digger).... i have the option (as I assume most other zetor models probably do), to engage just the bucket, OR the bucket AND the PTO.... the issue is that when ONLY the bucket is engaged, the PTO still turns... but it does so slowly, and I can grab it and it stops... it's not turning with any force to speak of.... it's just a safety concern is all... (I keep the auger attached because I use it a lot. but driving around, using the bucket , when the PTO is NOT engaged, the auger still spins)... by contrast, when the PTO is engaged, it powers up and works perfectly, spinning way faster than it does when it's not engaged. Its just somehow, when the PTO is not engaged, it's still getting barely enough power to spin slowly. hope this makes sense. Thank you again for your help .

diy farmer - thank you! that's very helpful!! so on the auger (post hole digger).... i have the option (as I assume most other zetor models probably do), to engage just the bucket,OR the bucket AND the PTO.... the issue is that when ONLY the bucket is engaged, the PTO still turns... but it does so slowly, and I can grab it and it stops... it's not turning with any force to speak of.... it's just a safety concern is all... (I keep the auger attached because I use it a lot. but driving around, using the bucket , when the PTO is NOT engaged, the auger still spins)... by contrast, when the PTO is engaged, it powers up and works perfectly, spinning way faster than it does when it's not engaged. Its just somehow, when the PTO is not engaged, it's still getting barely enough power to spin slowly. hope this makes sense. Thank you again for your help .

No getting an auger with the tractor is bit of luck for you. and you have a from loader too. You need to pull up the hand clutch then move the lever on the floor nearest your left foot, move up towards the seat one notch, this will engage the pto. The pto may still spin when the it's off if the machine is light, you should try it on a mower or something heavier .

interesting, thank you! come to think of it, it did still turn slowly with a 6 ft shredder attached (fairly heavy bush hog), but glad to know this isnt uncommon.. so speaking of levers, there are two levers to the left of the seat...the outermost one engages the hydraulic system, then there is another one between it and the seat... cant figure out what it does... thank you once again

You haven't put pto into ground drive? then the pto will turn as you move.

interesting, thank you! come to think of it, it did still turn slowly with a 6 ft shredder attached (fairly heavy bush hog), but glad to know this isnt uncommon.. so speaking of levers, there are two levers to the left of the seat...the outermost one engages the hydraulic system, then there is another one between it and the seat... cant figure out what it does... thank you once again
The 4wd is close up against the left mudguard on the floor, the pto lever is between your legs closest to your left leg then there is the hi/lo lever closest to your right leg on the floor between your legs. And the pto 540/1000 rpm selector lever is also between your legs tight up against the seat

much appreciated! Ive gone through these manuals and looked for labels and read through forums and your awesome replies here have been more helpful than anything else! I appreciate it!

If you pull the hand clutch and push the pto lever all the way forwards down to the floor and release the hand clutch again the tractor will only pump the loader and pto should be totally disengaged

much appreciated! Ive gone through these manuals and looked for labels and read through forums and your awesome replies here have been more helpful than anything else! I appreciate it!

Thank you, I'm glad my answers work out for you :)

I'm not sure what side of the engine the dipstick is but it will be on the same side and close to the sump bung.

hey folks, so my bucket now slowly falls all the way to the ground. hydraulic fluid is FULL, NO leaks that i can find anywhere. it will now tilt downward in a matter of seconds, and then in probably a minute or two, the arms fall to the ground as well, nothing in the bucket to add anyweight. thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back