• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

3545 or 4511 which is best.

zetor3545

Level 2
First name
matthew morgan
Hi,
i purchased my first zetor last october a 3545 for 275. i got it cheap because the 4wd didn't work. we resolved this with a secondhand halfshaft and new bearings in the axle. the previous owner who i purchased it from said he didnt want another zetor!
But he has just purchased a 4511 i asked him why he brought it . his awnser was " the 4511 is a much better tractor much better than that 3545 i sold you"

now what do you guys think?

Mathew,
you are asking rather a difficult question. You are trying to compare an relatively old 4WD tractor with a slightly more modern 2WD one. it is to be hoped that the more modern one has some of the faults found on the older one ironed out.
Dave

Mathew
Main problems are the possibility of getting stuck in gear, the usual zetor brake rubber quality and the not so popular brake diverter, and its getting very difficult to source front axle bits like swivel joint UJ's. The rest of the mods were the type you would expect from the normal development of the tractor, bearing in mind that drivers demand more and more each year !

3511 and 4511 are of the same level.
Just, the 3545 front axle was a TRUCK axle, used in WW2 under the GMC "diamond" truck and scavenged from army surplus by tractor makers (Zetor , Renault) and modifiers such as County and Selene, where the wide axle with off center differential, was chopped to make a narrow, center diff axle (by chopping the long end to make it as long as the short end, so the same driveshaft could be used left and right)

This axle was not up to duty as the tractor usage required. Zetor corrected that with the new axle that was purpose designed for tractors, and came first on the 6748.

Nothing wrong with the tractor, but the front axle was not strong enough. In that era, tractor manufacturers just picked whatever was available cheap, because front wheel drive wasnt believed to catch on in its early days. When it did gain popularity, manufacturers kept using the large quantity of dirt cheap axles before they developed tractor duty axles.

Who said that we wouldent y another zetor ? Matthew and i think that the 4511 is a easier tractor to handle and there is less to go wrong with it like the 4wheels drive.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back