• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

rsr

Level 2
First name
Roy Davies
Hello Everybody

New member first time posting.

I have a 3545 which I can't now start after 3 months idle. There is 12V at the battery but when I press the starter there is absolutely nothing.

My mechanical knowledge is very limited so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
RD

Having a vehicle that won't start with battery trouble regardless what it is, can be cause by 1) poor battery power, 2) poor earth connection, 3) damaged cables, 4) starter taking all the power, 5) starter button not passing enough current.

Is the engine making an effort to start? if it's been idle for 3 months your battery might a charge up.

battery fully charged ? have it tested to be 100% sure.

does start button have and pass 12 volts when pushed, check it with a volt meter.

next in the start circuit is the clutch safety switch, it must see and pass 12 volts when the clutch is fully down.

battery fully charged ? have it tested to be 100% sure.

does start button have and pass 12 volts when pushed, check it with a volt meter.

next in the start circuit is the clutch safety switch, it must see and pass 12 volts when the clutch is fully down.

I would very much doubt that a tractor the age 3545 had a safety switch on the clutch, that is only a newer invention.

Having a vehicle that won't start with battery trouble regardless what it is, can be cause by 1) poor battery power, 2) poor earth connection, 3) damaged cables, 4) starter taking all the power, 5) starter button not passing enough current.

Is the engine making an effort to start? if it's been idle for 3 months your battery might a charge up.

Also make sure the connections on the battery are good, not corroded terminals or cracked/ broken connections.

Thanks for your replies. I have now ascertained that the starter motor has packed in. Assume Barlows is the first port of call?
Cheers

A starter can be reconditioned either. If a starter is worn they will soak out all the power from a battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back