• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211...Does this sound like a lift pump problem ?

Thanks to all of you who responded to my post...I just wanted to bring you up to date....and maybe it will help some some guys like me in the future. When I dropped the fuel tank, I found that one of the fuel lines was indeed in bad shape. I cleaned out the tank and replaced both hoses...rechecked all fuel line connections and bled the air from the system. Finally I got pressure when I used the hand primer...and my 5211 roared to life. After letting it set for several hours....it started again with no priming and runs like it used to. So Mike....if I had just started with the basics like you advised in the beginning, I would have had her going sooner. Once I had her in the shed it was much easier dropping the tank to get to those tank hoses... than on the side of that rocky hill. Thanks again and Happy Trails to all !!! Don

Just saw your post. You received good advice.
Glad your tractor running fine. I bought a electric pump from autozone works fine. Replaced all hozes air leaks are no fun.
Question?
What size were the hozes inside the tank?

Thanks
Rob

Hi Rob,
The rubber fuel line hoses I used are 5/16" ID and fit well onto the soldered tubes coming from the fuel tank. My next move was to go to an electric fuel pump as you did....but didn't have to after all. One of the hoses I replaced looks like an original woven type hose...couldn't see leakage....but it was sucking air. Take care, Don

thanks for your reply,

zetor tractor starting ok but seems to starve a little then ok. going to clean out tank and replace hozes inside tank. Replaced all woven hozes probably sucking air but not leaking.

thanks,
Rob
NM

by-passed lift pump tractor started ok.
electric fuel pump on when key is in.(running constant)
Letting it warm up, will keep you posted when I come back from running it for awhile.

thanks,
Rob
NM

must admit the small header tank has confused me aswell....hows it plumbed in and whats it supposed to do?

alleviate the problem of trying to lift diesel from a side mounted tank with a lift pump designed for an over head tank,re why every 2nd post on here is about fitting electric fuel pumps.

My 5211 now runs very well....stopping and restarting within a few minutes is no problem, but sometimes when I stop for 15 to 20 minutes and try to restart....acts like it's not getting fuel. This afternoon I bled the screw on the injector pump and primed the heck out of it and finally got it going. Any ideas? All new fuel hoses...filters etc. Thanks guys, Don

Hi

Clamp the return line to the tank with mole grips and pressurise the system with the hand primer. Your problem is caused by air getting in and this will show up as a diesel leak under pressure.

Mike

i still think your problem is laying in the fuel tank itself.... on my farm we have had zetor since 1967 and never ever had problems with the mechanical lift pumps exept wear and tear... maybe we have changed lift pumps on three tractors in that time period... this electric fuel pump thing thats so popular in this forum i dont understand why.... its a way to cure a sympthom rater than the fault itself...as i see it. take a plastic container about 25 liters attach it to tractor and run fuel hoses both return and suction into that... fill it up and drive if your problem is solved it is your fuel tank. good luck:)

Hi Mike and Forterra11441,
Thanks to both of you....I'll clamp the return line and see if I can find the leak.... and go from there. I hear the fuel tank filler cap can "go bad"....is there supposed to be a vent in it...or does the complete system need to be air tight? Take care, Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back