• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211 hydraulic fluid change

tom_n_ms

Level 2
First name
Gary
Did it today-pretty good chore--by myself as always-crawled under it and out 100 times..gotta get the gear oil to pour back in it tomorrow. Walmart had none at two stores=book says 80w90 so that's what I plan to put back in it-one place had UTF but it did not say 80w90 and sloshed in bucket sounded thin..Good bit of tiny shavings on the magnet plug. Is this normal? Less than 300 hrs on the tractor so prob never been changed in 20 yrs..Lots of water in it--looked just like chocolate malt in color..Thanks

yes it normal whit metalshaving at magnet if not morethan 300 houers its from the braekinn off gears
use a uinversal oil in it or the hydrolikk will get slow when it gets cold

Thanks-bought UTF today.It's all drained, cleaned and ready to pour in new oil tomorrow evening. Yea, I know about the slow hydraulics-I grew up on a 2N Ford and have one myself now-really slow hydraulics in cold weather..Of course the 2N pumps really slow anyway, pretty strong but slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back