• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211 PTO circlip--Tony or anyone??

tom_n_ms

Level 2
First name
Gary
If it has not already been suggested remove the cover plate for the PTO shaft and see if the retaining circlip is broken. A shot in the dark but this solved some similar problems on my 3320.

If circlip was broken would you not feel end play in the PTO shaft??? Does hyd fluid need drained to remove the pto plate?? Tks

no you dont have to drain the oil. just park it nose Down a steep hill. then the oil runs to the front of gearbox :) but dont bother to think about the circlip . you only need to think about it if it jumps out of gear when pto is in use :)

Forterra, thanks for the quick reply..OK won't worry about the clip..Can you think of anything that would make this thing act like it is acting? Lever all the way forward lift works but pto spins and is strong..back one notch no pto and no lift..

dont know. all i can think off is that something is misplaced With the 540 1000 lever making it out of gear in a way. Also pto wil spin when you use lift because the shaft to the hydraulic pump is Hollow and lay on the outside of the pto shaft dragging it along. and it can be quite strong when the hydraulics is under Heavy load. but you should be able to hold it still by hand.

Thanks--When it seemed to be ok yesterday it was like you said-I could stop it with my hand and u could tell it was just a slow weak spin--but this is full lock, strong pto-lever in full forward position.I have learned a lot on this thing and have always been mechanically inclined but on this thing I have no clue what to do next..

Perhaps forterra11441 is correct but my PTO/hydraulics were doing really odd things besides jumping out of gear - and replacing a broken circlip fixed it. It is a 15 minute easy job to check and change if necessary.

Thanks Tony-will definitely check tomorrow----So broken clip will be obvious (if broken) once rear plate is removed??? Does PTO shaft have to be pulled out????? Thanks

Took one bolt out and put it back in---figured with my luck I'd pull the pto shaft and gears would fall all apart inside--have on line shop manual but it does not list the 5211--it lists 4812, 4718, 5711, 5718 and others....anyway they make it seem complicated to pull the pto shaft.............Should I be concerned or is it as simple as it looks--looks like you take out 4 bolts remove the pto shield(held by same 4 bolts)---then loosen the gasket seal and pull out the shaft? If broken circlip it will be seen on the pto shaft assembly.....Is this correct? What am I missing?? Thanks

Yes - take off the bolts. You can pull out the PTO shaft without anything dropping out. Unless yours is different than the 3320.

So just put pressure on the shaft in while you pull off the cover.

Thanks Tony--been flooding here so looks like it will be tomorrow before I get to check it out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back